Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Off the Needles! 10-3-14

The Diagonal Cowl is a FINISH!!!!


Even Pumpkin Pete thinks this is the perfect Fall accessory *wink*

I really love the look of all these colors playing together, and the added ZIP of the diagonal design ....







I made sure I had enough left of the last yarn to be able to join the two ends with the Kitchener Stitch.  First I had to remove the provisional cast-on stitches and put the live stitches on a new needle ....



Then I put the stitches from the other end on a separate needle and began the joining.....


If you Google Kitchener Stitch, there are dozens of videos and instructions to help you along if you've never done this joining stitch before.  I won't say it was easy, but it wasn't difficult either.  You just have to pay close attention as you work it.  If you do it right, you can't even tell it is a join!  Mine is not perfect, but I'm happy with it.....



This cowl is going to get LOTS of wear this Fall!!!!


So now I think it's time to put another pair of socks on the needles.... pretty soon, my toes are going to be begging for something warm to cover them :)

But which yarn?

Left is Smooshy in Raspberry, and the right is Frolicking Feet in Aquas
YUM!!!!
Hmmm.....  decisions, decisions!!!!
(I'm thinking the Raspberry for Fall :*)


Check out all the other lovely On the Needle projects at Patchwork Times today!

And please have a lovely weekend!!!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

17 comments:

  1. What a great project, Teresa. Sometimes I wiish I were a knitter, but there are only so many hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to use the Kitchener stitch to join the ends of a cowl before! What a great idea. Love your cowl. I say knit the turquoise yarn first! It's my favorite color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - I don't knit so that was all greek to me. I think the Raspberry is perfect for fall and the blue for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin Pete looks very dapper in your new creation. :)
    The Raspberry looks yummy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cowl and good on you for sticking with all that stockinette stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, Teresa! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cowl! I would like to make a similar one. Can you please direct me to the pattern? It is really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cowl!!! That pumpkin is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the perfect cowl for Fall and winter. Those colors just go with everything. Good job. Your Kitchener stitch join looks perfect to me. What size needles did you use for this one? I think the raspberry yarn is definitely the go to for fall socks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cowl is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't decide on the yarn for the socks ... they're both gorgeous! Got socks on my feet this morning ... the low is supposed to get dangerously close to the 30's ... brrrr

    I love your cowl! Such pretty colors ... that will go with just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your cowl, it's beautiful. I wish when I would do the Kitchener stitch it would look that good yours looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this cowl and your kitchener stitch looks wonderful. Your work is always beautiful. Please tell me where to get the pattern for the cowl scarf. This is one of the prettiest ones I have seen and would love to try this with colors. Thanks from Judy C in NC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi. I really like the diagonal cowl. Where did you get the pattern??? I have looked through your previous post and can not find a link. I would really appreciate if you could get back to me. Im a beginner knitter and would love to knit this for my Mum in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This cowl is gorgeous!! I love your Knit the Stash button on your sidebar - may I join? ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...