Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

On the Needles - 10/10/14

I'm away from my computer, having such a lovely visit at my Mom's home in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina!



This post is coming to you via my iPad, AKA "Miss Kitty"..... you remember Miss Kitty from Gunsmoke, don't you?  She was the beautiful Saloon Owner lady who loved Matt Dillon but could never have him *sigh*  But she was always there for him and helped him find solutions to all sorts of problems.  Since I don't need a beautiful woman in my life, my iPad is my very own "Miss Kitty" =^..^=  Do you name your electronic devices?

So anyway, blogging from the ipad means I dont' get to size my pictures or any of the other cool things I can do from the computer.  I'll put together a post of all the gorgeous mountain photos I took from the Blue Ridge Parkway yesterday when I get home - promise!!!!

I've done a little knitting on my travels this week.....



Yep - I chose the Raspberry Smooshy yarn for my next pair of socks!!!


This yarn feels different than anything I've worked with before - kind of spongy and ropelike, although softer than rope of course.....


It's working up into a much more dense fabric than previous sock yarns have.  I think it will prove to be very durable :)

Be sure to check out all the other yarn projects going on at Judy's Patchwork Times today!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

14 comments:

  1. Enjoy your visit with your mom and such a gorgeous place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mountain views. I like your color/fiber choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in the mountains. I'm glad you went with the raspberry. It's so you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mountains, especially NC. But I'm heading to WV tomorrow -- just as nice but different. I forgot to ask -- how did your class at Runaway go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a beautiful place to visit. I can't wait to see the socks you are making with that pretty yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Blue Ridge Mountains! Driving along the BRP is on our bucket list.

    That start of the sock is gorgeous! That's going to be a beautiful pair of socks!

    Enjoy your visit with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What app are you using to post? Thnx.
    Pics are beautiful and enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the brilliant color of your yarn. I, too, am doing bulkier, softer, socks and am looking forward to them keeping my feet warm this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo, looks so pretty where you are!
    I can't tell if your description of the yarn is positive or not. But it looks nice. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Durable in socks is good! Love the color. Have a nice visit with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it pretty! I love knitting socks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, nice socks. Looks as though you are knitting two at a time? Have a lovely visit with your mom. It looks like a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you have a wonderful visit! It is always so great visiting family! You and Dar sure know how to knit up a pair of socks! I don't name my electronics, but, I have been known to have heated arguments with them! Now, sewing machines are another story.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. That raspberry color is scrumptious!! Someday I will knit myself into a pair of socks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...