Pages

Friday, July 3, 2015

2015 Finish-Along Q3 List

Since this year seems determined to just barrel along with no thought to whether we might want to be in such a daggone hurry, I figure I'd better get my Q3 Finish-Along projects posted quickly!

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

As I posted HERE, I finished only 4 of my items listed for Q2 - and interestingly enough, I finished only 4 on my list in Q1 as well .... hmmmmm, hope that's not a pattern forming there!  Obviously I need to get my butt in gear apply myself a little more diligently this coming quarter!

*** Projects I'm carrying over from Q2 .....you can see pics and details on these HERE

#1 - Make two Bionic Gear Bags - I've actually made one of these, but it doesn't count since I didn't get the second one done :(
#2.     Repair faulty quilting and bind Montego Bay
#3.     Quilt and bind Whooooooo's Your Daddy?
#4.     Quilt and bind Amish Beauties

*** New items on the list! ........

#5.     Bind Strip Stacks quilt - class taken at Mountain Quiltfest taught by Klaudeen Hansen in 2013.  It's been raining here for days so a picture on the porch is the best I can do right now :*)


#6      Quilt and bind Flowercrackers!  This is the July project from Kim Schaefer's book, Calendar Quilts


I started this quilt in June of last year hoping to have it for 4th of July, but it didn't happen.  So I picked it back up last month and got it to the quilting phase earlier this week --- binding went on today and it will decorate my wall for the 4th this year - woohoo!!!!!  Post to follow soon :*)

#7      Complete the August project from Kim's book, which I call Show Me the Honey.  .....


This project only has the applique pieces traced onto fusible and the background squares cut.  Lots of work yet before this one is done!

#8      Bind Romancing the Paisleys - this was one of my first ever Mystery Quilts and might give you a fair idea of why I no longer participate in mysteries!


If you visit my blog often, then you know that I don't do soft and romantic.  I do like the fabrics in this quilt - aqua and paisleys are favorites of course - I just don't care for the way it all comes together .... it's just blah!!!  My total lack of love for this quilt is probably why it's been lounging around on a shelf in my studio just waiting to be bound since I quilted it in 2012.  Sheesh!!!  Time to get it outta here!

#9      Do something - not sure what yet - with these 3 orphan Heart Blocks!  I do have an idea but we'll see if it pans out before I share it :*)


So I think that will be enough to keep me focused and moving the old dinosaur projects out of my studio!  I've realized lately that having these older projects sitting around mocking me is like dynamite to my mojo.  I'm really glad to have the Finish-Along initiative to encourage me to continue getting them out of my hair.  What do you use to help you move those quilts from start to finish?

Wishing you all a lovely July !!!!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=



14 comments:

  1. I admire you with all that you are accomplishing with the oldies, but goodies. Those hearts are so striking and I love the Flowercracker one. Have fun with your goals this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you to have Flowercrackers done. Very fun! And I love the August project you have to work on.
    I don't do soft and romantic, either, but it is still a pretty quilt. : )
    Curious to see what you do with your heart blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about the year being on fast forward! Love the 4th of July quilt, and have a happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of beautiful projects, can't wait to see it finished. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what lovely projects! Love your Flowercrackers! You only have a few bindings to do to finish these...yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sitting here looking at Romancing the Paisley and thinking I like it. Would love to see the full quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many pretty projects to enjoy. The folowercrackers look just right for today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flowercrackers - wow! Just love it! What happened to you is what I fear will happen to me, so that's why I don't do mystery quilts either. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes, I turn extra blocks into mini quilts. Red is MY color, but, I don't do the monthly color thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You! Go! Girl! All of the projects are gorgeous........no surprises there..........and I especially love your 4th of July wall hanging! Have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to list my UFO's. Then maybe I can get to work on them and tick them off as I finish them. I admire your energy!
    How big are those heart blocks> Could they be turned into pillows for a Valentine Day decoration> They are so pretty! Table runner maybe? I can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have lots of UFOs almost ready to check off your list. I bet you don't have as many as I do, though. lol You asked , "What do you use to help you move those quilts from start to finish?" Well, I have an Excel spreadsheet with all my UFO's listed and it sits facing me everytime I sit at the computer and read blogs, and other fun things. So "GUILT" works for me! ha All the time I've spent over the years working on these UFO's to the point they are now would be wasted if I don't get them FINISHED". It bothers me to waste time. I also like to make lists and cross off the finished chores. This helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you much success this quarter - you have some great projects on your list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful goals! I want to see the owl quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...