Pages

Monday, February 6, 2017

OMG February 2017

This will be very short and sweet..... I'm recovering from a sinus infection this evening and feel like doing absolutely nothing except sitting under a warm quilt with Rocky purring contentedly in my lap and Victoria playing on TV.  But of course I do want to be sure to get my entry in for the One Monthly Goal for February.


A few months ago, our 5-year-old grandson informed me that he is now too big for his baby quilt because his "feet stick out the bottom" LOL!

Dreaming of Planes is my One Monthly Goal for February 2017.   Below are the pattern and fabrics I had originally intended to use for this quilt....


However, after looking at the fabrics and the design, I decided to go with the fabrics in the first picture instead, using the solids for the planes, the orange dot for the backgrounds, and the stripe for sashings/borders.  Perhaps I'll make pillow cases or pillows from the Minions and Garfield prints :*)

I think I'll have no problem getting this one done by the end of the month because I've simplified the pattern even further by cutting out the pieced planes and replacing them with appliqued ones!

Wish me luck!!!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=


20 comments:

  1. How cute is that to let you know that his feet are growing out from his baby blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pattern and great fabric selection, Teresa. Cute grandboy. I hope you feel better soon. Sinus infections can be miserable. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a really cute quilt. I like your idea to use the fabrics in the first photo. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the materials you picked out will look great in the quilt. A very good excuse for asking for a new quilt ha ha. Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute February header! : )
    I think you made a good call in switching your fabrics. This is going to be a fun quilt (but in my book, applique complicates things). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea for your new quilt for Feb. It will look great with the first set of colors too. Hope your sinus infection is long gone by tomorrow. I too have been fighting the same thing. At least we are being spared the terrible respiratory ills that I hear are going around. Get well quickly. OK?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's going to be a very fun quilt. Love both sets of fabric either would make a fun quilt. Good luck with your February OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Better choice for that pattern. Good idea to use Garfield and Minions in pillowcases. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's something about turning five that makes a child want a new quilt! Grandma's can embrace that and come to the rescue quite happily! Looks like a fun quilt and I love your fabric selections - either one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that your grandson knew he could ask you for a new quilt to cover his feet. This is going to be really cute. I sure hope you are back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that airplane patter! And such cute fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute project. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Mostly, I'm looking forward to you feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pillowcases - yes! Hoping you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You'll have fun with those fabrics. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun time you'll have making this for your grandson! I hope your sinus infection is well on its way to being a not so sweet memory and you can get back to sewing! Take it slow and easy, and good luck with your OMG! XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=7152919669387049661&postID=3679354367445132303&page=1&token=1544984360249

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...