Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Promised Quilt Show Photos!

So I promised you some eye candy from the Mountain Quiltfest Show in Pigeon Forge, didn't I?
Warning!  This is a very picture-heavy post!!!

There were some absolutely GORGEOUS quilts in this show.  I'm sharing a few of my favorites.  It was a smaller show compared to some of the AQS and International shows, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to go again regularly :*)

I posted about this quilt - my favorite - in an earlier post HERE.

Circle of Curiosity by Anne B.G. Armour
You can click on the link to see more closeups and details of this wonderful quilt.

Here are the other photos I took, in no particular order.  I was a very bad girl in that I neglected to get the names of the quilters for most of them.  I hope you enjoy!

Talk about pineapples!!!  Wow!!!

Interesting quilting motif here....

I loved the scrappiness of this row quilt!  It was much brighter and very colorful :*)
                                                                                                   

Closeup details.....

Now this quilting took time!  But it was very effective.
I like how the quilter split some of the squares up diagonally.
(Sorry, no pictures of the actual quilt - apparently I just loved the quilting LOL)





Gorgeous quilting - and those birds in the corner are machine embroidered!



Paula Nadelstern's Caribbean Blues.  There was a special display of some of her quilts - YUM!!!
One of my classes was with Paula and I'll be sharing more about her later :*)


I have this one ear-marked to make one day from the AQS Magazine

I just LOVE mandalas!!!

My camera does not do this quilt justice!!!  It was simply GORGEOUS!!!!

The quilting on it was just as gorgeous!

Can you see the shape of the edge?  Just one more special touch :*D

Lots of couching with metallic threads :*)
Very visual impact - and this was in the Teen Quilt section!
Can you see the musical symbols quilted into the black area?




This looks like a fairly simple art quilt from a distance, but......

Move in a little closer and you begin to see all the details quilted into it!
Can you see the hummingbirds?

How about here?  This was absolutely beautifully quilted!





This quilt hung in the lobby of the Convention Center

The details were amazing!!!
All sorts of extra needlework details were lavished on this beauty!!!

 

This one is for all of us strip lovers!!!  It was ablaze with color... I loved it!!!



Botanical Fantasy by Lorilynn King

What can I say?  Words can't begin to describe this masterpiece!!!


These next ones are for my fellow cat lovers!!!
(You may notice that I never got a photo of the complete quilt - just the kitties LOL!!!)




And finally, I saw this lady standing in line next to me to have our scissors sharpened.  Her necklace just fascinated me, so I asked if I could take a picture to share with you all.  Isn't it FUN????


I hope you enjoyed the Show!
I still have to share the classes I took, as well as a few fun things I encountered during my travels,
so stay tuned =^..^=

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

28 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! My heart has been beating double time since I started looking at the pictures. Only one word for these-Magnificent! These are truly beyond words. And the quilting! WOW! I would love to be able to quilt like that. Thank you for sharing.
    I really like the quilt close to the top. It looks kinda like a spider web-dresden plate.? Do you know the name of this pattern? I would love to make this quilt. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you talking about the yellow/purple quilt at the top? If so, my mom designed & made it.

      Delete
  2. I never tire of seeing all of the beauties people create! There are so many stunning quilts here--I won't start to name them individually or it might get too long--like my posts!
    Thanks for sharing these, Teresa. And I really appreciate the close-ups of the quilting. Inspires--and intimidates!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fantastic quilts.

    Greetings from Germany, Grit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those quilts are very, very pretty to look at and my ver most favorite one is the first... I just think the artist caught the atmosphere pervectly.

    Nana from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA!!!!! What a show!!!! Talk about artistry!! Way out side of my abilities!!! So lovely!!

    Thanks for sharing!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. How the judges could even begin to choose the quilts for awards is beyond me. These are drop-dead gorgeous! Thanks for the kitty quilt pics - you have quite a few of us pegged! This was a fantastic show, how lucky you are to take a class with Paula Nadelstern! Looking forward to your posts about the rest of this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love th quilt that you said you have ear-marketed to do someday that was in the AQS magazine. Can you give me the name of the quilt and issue it was in. It looks like a great paperpiecing pattern.

    Thanks so much and thanks for sharing the pictures of the quilts. They were beautiful.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW is all that comes to mind. What a great show. I felt like I saw the best of the best with you. The quilt with the kitties is adorable. She did a very good job of making them realistic looking/acting too. Will look forward to "the rest of your adventure". Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing quilts and quilting!!! So many very talented quilters!!! Thank you for taking us with you to the show...just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Fabulous quilts. Of course I love the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow! Loved your pictures. Thx for sharing. Want to go my self one day. Enjoy yor blog. Live in mid TN also

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous quilts thanks for the eye candy this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for all the eye candy , I do feel a little inadequate after seeing such talent but I sure enjoyed the show !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing those magnificent quilts. Goodness they are all just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH, my goodness! all those quilts are seemly stunning. WOW! such talented quilters. thanks for sharing those quilts. Neat necklace too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can you tell us what state this Pigeon Forge show was in? I will definitely have to put this show on my travel list, these were outstanding. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I seen that pineapple quilt on a blog a few years ago and fell in love with it. Don't know if this is the same exact quilt or a copy. But it is on my TO MAKE SOMEDAY list. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom designed & made the pineapple quilt! She's rather amazing I think! :)

      Delete
  18. I really adore and admire the cat quilt, I love to see the whole quilt. If possible may i have the information on where to get the pattern. Thank you kindly

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really adore and admire the cat quilt, I love to see the whole quilt. If possible may i have the information on where to get the pattern. Thank you kindly

    ReplyDelete
  20. Business users may choose the product according to their business level. Other product by the antivirus is for different categories and users across the world rely on it to secure their data.
    For More information Visit Our Site:
    norton.com/setup
    office.com/setup
    office.com/setup
    mcafee.com/activate

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for spending time to write this blog article, i must say you are a excellent and talented blogger, I Found This Article To Be Very Informative and Helpful, please keep sharing such amazing blogs I am a Accountant from United States of America, Washington Dc, and I Love to read and Write Blog.
    Some Of My Web Blogs Awesome Blog Post Please Feel Free to Check Out My Blog you will find the process of Norton software installation with step by step instructions and much more.

    Keep Sharing will come back to read more,

    Click to Process
    norton.com/setup
    norton.com/setup download and install
    norton.com/setup enter product key
    www.norton.com/setup
    login.norton.com
    my.norton.com
    norton.com/setup activate
    norton.com/setup install
    norton.com/setup help
    norton.com/setup renewals
    norton.com/enroll product key

    ReplyDelete
  22. The pictures which is being shared from "Promised Quilt Show Photos" are truly amazing and unique. I am very thankful to you as you shared this post with us all.
    office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  23. We, reservation delta airlines, have made it different to bring you instant service whenever it involves getting an answer on your Delta 24 hour Cancellation on any type of booking.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...