Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

Love You!



I finished up a sweet, sweet little mini quilt top the other day that I just couldn't hardly wait to show you!  



Am I right?  You love it, don't you?  Hahaha - I knew it!  That might be why designer Jacquelynne Steves named this design "Love You!"  Isn't it just the cutest little thing?  It finishes at about 26" square - perfect mini-quilt size!  (And it goes very nicely with my red sofa too LOL!!!)


Wouldn't you just love to make one of these for your Valentine's Day decor?  It was really quick and easy to make - I pieced it in an afternoon! - and I loved being able to play in some of my hoarded neglected hearts fabrics - YUM!!!


There are directions for both an applique version like mine, as well as an even quicker one without applique.  Well..... I should clarify by saying not exactly like mine .....


Instead of drawing the inner heart, I chose to fussy cut four of the border fabric hearts for the center block appliques.  As soon as I saw the first one fused down, I knew I was going to it :-)  I also made a few minor changes to accommodate the fabrics I had to work with.  Betcha can't find what's different in mine from Jacquelynne's!


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Love You! is the first of SIX mini quilts that are going to be available to everyone who is registered in the Small and Sweet Mini Quilt Club!  For a small one-time fee you get ALL SIX mini-quilt designs - one each month for six months!  You can't beat that deal, right?  Designer is Jacquelynne Steves of The Art of Home (formerly The Noble Wife), and the Club Hostess is Michele Foster of Mishka's Playground Designs (also Quilting Gallery).

PLUS - as if that were not enough! - you will receive a FREE Fusible Machine Applique tutorial from Jacquelynne!!! 

Fusible Machine Applique Tutorial - Jacquelynne Steves

You may notice that the second little mini on the picture has the most adorable little anchors!!!  I have several friends who have nautical themes in their homes, so I think this small and sweet mini quilt will be popping up quite a lot during Show-n-Tell at my guild in the next few months :)

IT'S NOT TOO LATE!!!  If you would like to make your own Love You! mini quilt, along with FIVE other oh-so-cute Small and Sweet Mini Quilts, just click HERE to get all the details and sign up!  The club starts today, so your pattern will be in your inbox before you know it!  I promise, you're going to love the freedom of Jacquelynne's easy & detailed patterns, and who doesn't LOVE the quick reward of an adorable mini quilt?

Mine is going under the quilting needle next week so I can be sure to have it to enjoy during Valentine's ♥♥♥

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

6 comments:

  1. SO cute! Gorgeous fabrics too. I've thought about joining in the fun but I promised myself I wouldn't commit to anything new until I could say I had finished some UFOs! But I'm definately weakening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is adorable! I'm not a huge valentine person, but this is one sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric choices are always impeccable, Teresa. A very endearing finish! I tried to find a difference between yours and the original, but the only thing I can see is a bit of color placement that is switched. Will you clue us in as to what you changed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right! I do love it! And I love your fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out so well. It is such fun to see all of the Valentine quilts making their appearances.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...