Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2016

It Was Sew Much Fun, But ....

This morning, I dove straight in and churned out my Clue #2 units for Bonnie's En Provence mystery - DONE!!!


However, this was not my first rodeo with Clue #2! .....

🙀🙀🙀

When I went to bed last night, I was so happy because I had finished up half of the units I needed and was excited about finishing them up today.  So you can imagine my dismay when saw friend Kevin's  Instagram (@photokevin74) post first thing this morning showing his beautiful little finished units - which had the colors reversed (I thought!).  I even commented that he was really switching things up this year.  Then I got to thinking - would he really switch it up that much?  Was it possible.....  Headed off to check Bonnie's posted clue again, and sure enough!


I had reversed my fabrics!!!
UGH!!!!

Bonnie saw my "Oh Crap!!!" comment on Kevin's post and reassured me, saying maybe I could use them on the back or for a second border.  She's such a sweetheart - don't you just love her???

Today's units went a little more quickly since I had already answered all the questions - how many strips to cut, what method to use, etc.  I didn't get an order into Bonnie for her amazing new ruler early enough, so I decided to use my Marti Michell Set C tri recs templates since they cut dog ears and everything, leaving virtually no guesswork at all - the large triangle is shown here from yesterday, cutting my incorrect units ....


There are few things that make me happier than some time spent mindlessly chain piecing and either watching a show or listening to a good book!  Right now I am listening to the 3rd in the Gamache series by Louise Penny.  If you love mysteries you have to check her out by the way - but it is important that you listen from the beginning!


See my little Leader/Ender there?  (One of the things I love about using L/Es is that I can always find the beginning of my chain hehehe :*)  I had some leftover pieces from another project this past summer and just couldn't toss them!


That pink is one of my favorite fabrics - and these little leftovers were all I had left of it.  So I cut the largest pieces I could to make some tiny 4-patches.


Heaven knows what I'll do with them, but I have no doubt the perfect use will hit me out of the blue one day, and I'll be glad I saved them :*)

And what did my little Snoopervisor do while I toiled away today?  Well, most of the morning, he did this....


Poor little fellow has not felt well since we came home from our Thanksgiving travels - we think he's reacting to the flea meds we had to give him.  He had us pretty concerned there for a few days, but he's beginning to perk up and eat again without throwing up - a good thing, right?

Last night, he was on duty and not missing a thing sitting in his current favorite spot for Snoopervision .....


While I was stitching this morning, My Guy put up the Christmas tree and got down all the ornaments & decorations, so I will be doing my Mrs. Claus thing the rest of the afternoon.  Then tonight, he and I will waste 3 hours watching the Carolina Panthers do their thing (whatever that is - it's certainly not football) LOL!!!  And I'll be finishing up the stitching on this Folk Art Album block....


I still need to finish the white and then the yellow on the daisies ...


.... and then the special little touch will be stitching this adorable little bee!!!


I completed the stitching on this block last week....



That leaves me with two blocks left in this project, and I'll be ready to make the sawtooth sashing and assemble the center.  Woohoo!!!!!

I still have the last one to prep for applique, but this one is already fused down and ready for stitching next.  It may be my favorite of these blocks :*)


Linking up with Bonnie's En Provence linky Monday and Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

21 comments:

  1. Awe shucks hate it when I make it wrong. Love your applique blocks, they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to make a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa! I am so sorry! I have been exactly where you are, and what can you do but hit your head and say "DOH!" I am glad you were able to get things fixed, and hopefully can use the other units somewhere else. Hope Rocky is back to his old self really soon! And, you KNOW I ADORE your hand work! Merry Christmas Mrs. Claus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Teresa, I'm so sorry you had to do those units twice. It's not my favorite unit to do in the first place. I know you will incorporate them into another quilt down the road. I love your applique blocks. My favorite would be the little hummer one. Sure hope Rocky gets his mojo back soon. Give him a hug for me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have certainly been where you were with your blocks! Quilting keeps us humble for sure. Your applique blocks are beautiful. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH that's a bummer, but maybe you will be able to make a wonderful border out of these "mistakes"?
    Love your stitchery blocks... each one has been gorgeous!
    Thanks for sharing with the Slow Sunday Stitchers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure those 'mistakes' will be put to great use before you know it. How fortunate that you had enough fabric to redo them. Your applique blocks are beautiful, hard to choose a favorite but that little hummingbird is very sweet. Your little snoopervisor never fails to melt my heart with every post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what bad luck, reversing the colours! It was fortune you had enough of the same fabric. You're sure to find a use for so many matching squares. I love your appliqué; the flowers all look so fresh, and that humming bird is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your applique is just stunning! I have to say that I would have made my blocks the same way had I not seen some done on IG before I had a chance to start.

    Glad that the Snoopervisor is feeling better. I'll bet it is tough to stitch when he is sleeping on the top of the machine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess if you can find a bright side to this it would be that you had only sewn HALF of the blocks before discovering your mistake. It could have been ALL of them. (Just trying to help--didn't work, did it?) Can't help but admire the way you got right back to it.
    You know your little L/E pieces just thrill me, don't you? So many ways to have fun with tiny 4-patch blocks. : )
    Rocky on top of your machine just makes me laugh. His look seems to say, "Do you have a problem with this? Well, get over it!"
    Your Folk Art Album blocks take my breath away. The batiks are making stunning blocks. Your color sense is always spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've all done something like that (or, if they are still new, they will soon enough). Glad you had enough fabric to correct your mistake. Lots of pretties you've been working on. Hope the kitty is better. They don't like flea meds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are an expert now--so sorry you had to become one the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, but they'll be perfect in something else..What a great Hubby to do that for you! I can't get my guys to even bring up the tree!
    Your Kitty is so very precious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We've all had days like that! Thank goodness you had enough fabric to do it again! Hope your little helper is feeling better. You two have been accomplishing so much! XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know... I saw a really cute quilt that used little 9 patches and then had these 'extra' blocks used as the in between blocks to make a really need curve effect. Just a thought.... =) So many neat projects on the go.
    So, has Rocky climbed the tree yet? So fun when you bring a tree inside the house just for them to enjoy =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have so many pretty projects in the works. So sorry that you mixed up your blocks. I love your snoopervision pics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well I know I have said it before and I will probably say it again but I find your kitty so adorable and fun to look at. Hope he is back to 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have been busy. I have lots of "Oh Crap" moments....grin. Love you applique and your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love looking at your beautiful applique! Mr. Snoopervisor should have caught that reversal; so sorry it happened but at least to figured it out before too much time went by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bonnie is a great one! Oops! At least you noticed the change before sewing the blocks into the front of the quilt, LOL.
    Aw... poor little snoopervisor. I'm glad Rocky is feeling better now.
    Your Folk Art Album blocks are simply gorgeous Teresa!
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...