Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Quilting and Tiger

What a fun combination!  


Well, it is for me at least, since I’m a huge golf fan and I love watching Tiger Woods do his thing.  No puns intended LOL – I’m referring to his GOLF thing of course!  What were you thinking I meant?  ;-D

I’m cutting out my NewFO Challenge project for June today (yeah, nothing like the last minute, right?), but I also wanted to watch Tiger play in the AT&T National tournament.  So I brought all my supplies downstairs and I’m cutting in the living room while watching Tiger.  Yep, I’m in heaven!!!


This is a Mystery Quilt we are doing in my Piecemakers Guild and I think it is going to be really nice.   We are all having a ball choosing fabrics and trying to decide how they might look in the final design, without having any idea what the final design might be!  These are the fabrics I’m using….  What do you think?


Gotta love those sweets batiks :*)

I also started a new paper-pieced project this past week as a sample for a class I’ll be teaching at The Quilters Path in July.  The pattern is called Northern Lights.

This is one block....

When you put the blocks together, they form a nice bonus star in the center!  


If you are local and would like to learn how to paper-piece or just to hone your skills, give Marita a call and get signed up!  We're also trying to work out a way to hold the One Block Wonder class sometime in September, so keep that in mind :*)

And just a head's up....You’ll really want to check back tomorrow for the Stash Report!  I went to Whittles with the Divas Guild Wednesday, and all I can say is the Stash Report is OUT OF CONTROL!!!! 

See you tomorrow!

Hugs & Blessings,
Teresa
=^..^=

Linking up with Cat Patches for the 2012 NewFO Challenge… you can click on the button on my sidebar to find out more about this fun challenge!

11 comments:

  1. Those are great projects. Love the fabric for the mystery quilt, and your stars look great too. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabric selection for your Mystery quilt. Northern lights is very pretty too. Love all those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your *sweet batiks* sweet cheeks! Looks pretty fun! Looking forward to the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoyed your golf tournament and I love those batiks you'll be working with. Your paper piecing is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the Olympic Trials while sewing, but DH did watch some golf before they came on.
    Such delicious fabrics! They will make a beautiful quilt.
    Your star blocks are very fun--what a neat pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds very familiar, only with me it would be watching Roger Federer play tennis! I love your Northern Lights block. Is it original pattern or is there somewhere I can find it to try?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Teresa -- that's awesome! I love the little star in the center. And you've used such pretty, bright and happy fabrics, too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy that northern lights is stunning!!! Love the fabrics and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your guild has some great things going. That Northern Lights block is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...