Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Home Again!!! (and Stash Enhancement!)

I got home from the Smokies Friday evening and spent Saturday just unpacking and getting things squared away from being on the road for the better part of two weeks!  The visit with my mom and friends was lovely - don't we look happy!


We are sitting in front of a HUGE fireplace in the lobby of our hotel.  This was a girlfriend get-together, so we didn't do a lot except spend time catching up with each other's lives.  We did venture out to Gatlinburg on Thursday morning for pancakes and fabric acquisition!  I had pecan waffles at the Pancake Pantry- oh my YUM!!!  


I wish I had taken a picture of the waffles, but they disappeared much too quickly for that :*)  They featured powdered sugar & chopped pecans on hot waffles, along with a carafe of warm pecan syrup with more chopped pecans in the syrup!  Did I mention that this was YUM????

Gatlinburg has a lot to keep you interested as you drive through the somewhat crowded streets.  I was charmed by this and had to take a picture to share with you....


They also have a full-size replica of the Titanic.  It looks pretty strange sitting there at the side of the road LOL!!!


Our adventurous drive brought us to The Cherry Pit, one of my favorite quilt shops.  I was having too much fun inside and forgot to get pictures, but when you see the fabrics I got you'll totally forgive me :*D


I visited several other shops on my way there and back too..... so needless to say there was Stash Enhancement!!!!  Here are some of my favorites....

I fell in love with this whimsical "snowy winter night" fabric!

These are silver sparkles in this gorgeous batik!

Who could resist such a vibrant red Oriental?  Not me!!!
A rainbow of batiks!!!

I loved these Christmas fabrics!  The red and green on the right have such light
in them - they will sparkle in a quilt!
These Robert Kaufmann dots were one on top of the other in the half-yard bin - it was just too much for me to resist with all those colorful dots staring at me so sweetly! :*D

My search through the stash to find a gray for Easy Street highlighted a definite need
to add a few nice grays for future projects :*D  Can you tell that I love dots?!?

I have so many aqua/lime fabrics that I felt this diagonal stripe would definitely
come in handy someday soon!  Can't you see this as a binding fabric?

I hope you enjoyed the fabric show!  I'm off now to begin putting together that post I promised you about Mary Jo's Cloth Store in North Carolina.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Linking up with Patchwork Times - click on over to see how others are managing their stash!
Also linking up with Connie at

 
Hugs & Blessings,
Teresa
=^..^=


19 comments:

  1. More fun than allowed by law--or the fabric police, or somebody important!
    Those pancakes sound sooo good. I love pecans baked in things.
    What a haul on the fabrics--oh, so many pretties my head is spinning! I especially love that snowflake fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous fabrics. I think you ARE trying to make me jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some wonderful fabric treasures here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pancakes sound absolutely wonderful! And your fabrics! Oh my ... gorgeous, simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great trip and pictures. Looks like you had lots of fun, and why not-- good friends, good food and fabric buying. Your fabrics are wonderful. Glad you didn't have pics of the waffles, cause I would have had to run out and get some. Those are my favorite kind! It's a long way from here to TN for good waffles!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a haul!! and gorgeous to boot!! So glad you had a great time!!

    Interesting about KING KONG and the Titanic!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those stash enhancements, especially the dots. And thanks for the Traveloge, Teresa. Those are always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, you picked up some real beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your "stash enhancement!" {love the phrase, too!}. Beautiful!!! Especially snowflakes.. and dots! and batiks... well, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course I am absolutely envious of all your fabric, but the winter snowy night is my favorite! Do you need my address again? Lol I am also missing the beautiful Smoky Mtns. Looks like you had beautiful weather while you were there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course I am absolutely envious of all your fabric, but the winter snowy night is my favorite! Do you need my address again? Lol I am also missing the beautiful Smoky Mtns. Looks like you had beautiful weather while you were there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your "stash enhancers"....I'm doing "Easy Street" too. Got a fabric trip scheduled tomorrow with a friend; you've given me some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great additions to your stash I'd say! I spent a night in Gatlinburg in 1987, such a pretty spot. It was in October and the drive there was amazing with all the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those fabrics are to die for!!!!

    We had wanted to eat at Pancake Pantry when we were by that way, but they weren't open.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh Teresa......look at all the goodies you added to your stash! Love them! What a wonderful photo of you, your mom and friends and what a neat place to visit, seeing King Kong had to be neat! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, oh, oh ... you don't know HOW tempted I was to detour into Sevierville and hit The Cherry Pit -- one of my all-time favorite quilt shops!! I'll live vicariously through you (once again)! Glad you had such a marvelous weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely fabrics! You'll have lots of fun stroking these while you figure out what to do with all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a wonderful trip. I know what you mean about the pancakes- I always eat all of my food before I remember to take a photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh my you look all happy...but today you may be even happier still...go check out www.sewwequilt.com I do believe I will need some info fr om you...like an address wink

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...