I certainly hope I do a better job of starting some of the quilts on this year's list than I did last year! I looked back and realized I only started TWO of those on my list, although I did finish up three of the Calendar Quilts. You can check out my poor neglected list HERE if you want to see what my hopeful projects were for last year.
If you don't know about the Challenge, you can click on Barbara's cute button above to go and check it out. To participate in the Challenge, all you have to do is start a new project each month. That's it! You DON'T have to finish it, just start it. Barbara gives a great prize to one winner each month.
Of course, my interests have changed since last year, so all new projects are going on my list for 2013. All but one that is - I still really want to do Rabbits Prefer Chocolate! =^..^=
2013 Proposed NewFO List
1. Library Snuggle Quilt - No design yet, but these are some of the fabrics I'll be using. This one will be for me!!! You can read more about it HERE.....
2. Rainbow Challenge Quilt - I blogged about the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for 2013 a few days ago - you can click HERE to see the blocks I am considering for this quilt. I still haven't decided which design will be the lucky chosen one :*) But here is a preview of one of my favorites....
3. Rose Windows Medallion - What can I say? This quilt took my breath away the first time I saw it. I HAVE to make it!!!
4. Folk Art Cats - This one is all Barbara's fault! She started hers a few months ago and I started to drool immediately :*)
5. In Flight Butterflies - I can't wait to start this one! I've been collecting the fabrics, and I think I'm ready to go :*)
6. Bohemian Butterflies - (my name for it!) I just think this is such a bright, happy FUN QUILT! And I have a lot of fun quirky prints to make it up with.
7. Miniature Storm at Sea - This is a laser-cut batik kit that I bought from John Flynn's website last year. I plan to throw some oranges and yellows into the mix to brighten this one up a little.
8. Neutral Scrappy Nines - I am going "green" on this one - using all recycled men's shirts!
9. Jewel of Jerusalem - This one will be for my brother who is one of the smartest people I know on the subject of the Hebrew faith and traditions.
10. Talkin' Turkey - A Bonnie Hunter quilt. Several of us will be doing this one together as a sit-n-sew group starting in January :*) She is coming to our Guild this spring, so I will probably end up starting a few more of hers too... sure glad I don't have to finish them this year!!!
11. Urban Abacus or Urban Deco Nine-Patch - these are Jenny Pedigo's designs on her blog Sew Kind of Wonderful, using her Quick Curve Ruler. I can't decide which design I want to do, so I'll just show this one for now. I do have the pattern for this one, so it has a real good chance of being the one I start.
|I really like this scrappy version too!|
12. Rabbits Prefer Chocolate - This is still one of my favorite quilts!
Well, that's it for me. I'm inspired and excited about starting these fun projects in 2013! And just in case you were wondering - Yes, I do know that I am probably certifiably insane LOL!!!
Hugs & Blessings!