This is how far I have gotten on my current Blue Collection block....
I have got to figure out why all my pictures end up crooked LOL!!!!
I just haven't had a lot of time for handwork the past couple of weeks. But I'm hoping to get this block well on its way to being done today.
Did you notice the tin I keep my pieces in for this project? At the top you can see a hinge where the lid is connected to the container. Perfect for small stitchery projects! It's hard to find hinged tins and even harder to find these particular ones. This is a collectible Whitman's Sampler tin that I got several years ago from a good friend.
She actually gave me two different designed tins, but one (my favorite of course!) ended up at Goodwill inadvertently. I had filled it with all the pieces for a couple of my Dear Jane applique blocks and kept it in the trunk of my car for those times when I might end up somewhere wishing I had hand work with me. When I took a couple boxes of stuff to Goodwill, the tin somehow ended up in the things that were donated - ugh!!!! I also had a favorite pair of scissors with a gifted hand-made initialed fob in there too. So take a lesson from me.... be careful what you leave lying near your donation boxes LOL!!!
So, I found this new hinged Sampler tin this past week in Goodwill - it's Karma!!! Isn't this a pretty Christmas design? So vibrant and colorful, and those deer are so gracefully poised, ready to jump and run at any moment! This will hold my applique through the holiday season and make me smile every time I pick it up. (Now if I can just find my scissors and fob at Goodwill too I will be a really happy camper :*D)
I also picked up another tin - this is the one I was specifically searching for....
It is not hinged, but it is the perfect size to hold my applique iron! And notice that price .... 99 cents!!!
I wanted to be able to take my iron to sit-n-sews but it stays hot a really long time, so I needed a way to put it away quickly but not risk burning anything with it. A tin seemed the perfect solution, and I couldn't believe it when I found the exact size I needed. I originally thought I would spray paint it, but I really like that bright red, and since the design is raised, there's no hiding that Christmas look :*) I'll remove the bow and use Goo-Gone to remove some sticky tape residue, but I think I'll keep it "as is" other than that.
I also made a cover for the tip out of ironing board material - I wanted to be sure the hot tip didn't burn into the cord. It took me all of about 5 minutes to make it, and it's not gorgeous, but I am pretty happy with the result.
I put the shiny side inside to hold the heat in.
I did have a few stash enhancements that I forgot to share last week from my recent travels. I picked up these black-on-whites for Easy Street. I bought one yard of each and then split them in thirds to share with a couple of friends who are also working on it.
I can't decide whether my favorite is the scissors or the butterflies :*)
I thought these were TOO CUTE!!! I can't wait to find the perfect project to use them in! The black and gray are from the Wordplay line by Michele D'Amore for Benartex. I knew you'd want to see them :*D
Be sure to come back tomorrow for my contribution to Michelle's 5th Birthday Party Bash - it's another edition of the Blog Hop Party with Giveaways!
I'll be giving away a nice "seasonal" package of fabrics and even a spool of Aurifil thread - so be sure to come back folks, ya hear!
Linking up today with:
|Click HERE to see what others are Slow Stitching!|
Hugs & Blessings!