Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

More "Love" Blocks!!!

As many of you know, Kevin the Quilter is heading up a massive Quilts of Valor block drive on his blog.


If you don't know Kevin, then you should!!!  He's a wonderful friend to bloggers everywhere and is doing some exciting things that you don't want to miss out on :*)  Check out his blog HERE - yes, Now!!!  (But don't forget to come back here for the rest of the post LOL!)

So, anyway, I really want to be a part of helping Kevin's block drive succeed - because it is for him of course, but also because it is for a really wonderful cause!  You can read more about the QOV drive on his blog post HERE  - and find out how you can help too :)

He's already received close to 3,000 blocks at last count!!!  That's enough for 98 quilts - whoohoo!!!!  (and he was hoping to get enough to make 3 quilts - silly boy!!!)

Nonetheless, I really wanted to support Kevin and the QOV program, so finally last night I put everything else aside and began to pull fabrics to make some blocks.  He asked for solids or fabrics that read as solids, which posed a little problem for me as I don't yet have a very large stash of solids.  I never did find a light blue that would read solid, but I did round up enough of the other colors.

He wisely chose a very simple design that even a beginner could sew up easily.... well, at least, most people could easily make this block.... there might be one quilter - who shall remain nameless - who had to pull out the ole seam ripper .... LOL!!!!

White to white with black thread???  Ugh!!!
That was supposed to be a yellow section.....

Sewing late at night when I'm tired is usually not a good combination for me :*)  However, I persevered!  And by the end of the evening, I had completed 12 blocks for Kevin's drive!!!



Whoohoo!!!  
I am so excited to be able to pop these in the mail to him this week! :*D

I also plan to check my stash to see if I have fabrics that might help with backings and bindings.  Kevin had planned to handle those things himself, but with 98 quilts to make, I think he might need us to chip in and help, don't you???

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=











12 comments:

  1. Great looking blocks! I had to rip some of mine too. I guess it was more complicated than I thought. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Mari! Sometimes I think the more simple the block, the more quickly I can mess it up!

      Delete
  2. I cheated when I made my blocks. I cut a piece of red, selvedge to selvedge at 13" wide. Then I cut a piece of white, 2.5". Stitched, then cut down, repeat, until I had enough blocks to send. It was late at night, and I didn't want to 'think' when I sewed the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who could make a mess of such a simple task. I think you just did that to make me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is astonishing how many people have supported Kevin's drive - but we know quilters, they come thru like real troupers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made some marvelous mistakes doing the late night sewing thing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing response he has had! Your blocks look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teresa! You are just too cute! Thanks for the shout out, and thanks for your contributions! I am simply amazed at how successful this block drive has turned out! I truly am one "SILLY BOY!" LOLOLOL Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great thing Kevin is doing!! I know those quilts are really going to be appreciated! How wonderful you were able to be a part of his success. Now just to get all those blocks made into quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 98 Quilts!! Holy Cow. You have a good idea to send backing and binding fabric. I haven't made any blocks yet, but I might just make a bunch of binding. Love your contribution!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work! I can't do stuff when I'm tired either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad his block drive is going well. It is on my list as well. 98 quilts! I hope he has some helpers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...