Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Rockin' the Raspberry Socks!

Yes, I know I've been away for a good while again, but perhaps you will forgive me when I share some of the things I've been up to ....


First - we've welcomed our newest grandbaby to the family!!!
(Yes, I know, that is not necessarily something "I" did, but I claim bragging rights anyway!)
=^..^=

Genevieve and Jacqueline

Here is big sister Genevieve holding her tiny newborn baby sister, Jacqueline.  Awwwwwww.......  Doesn't Jacqueline look just like one of those perfect little baby dolls that artists make to look like real babies?  Mother and baby are both doing wonderfully well and Dad and Genevieve are absolutely tickled with the new addition :)

This makes eight grands for us now - 
Wow, we're getting old!!!

And this past week, I traveled to Asheville NC to be with my mom while she had some follow-up surgery from her surgery this past January.  When in Asheville, you get GREAT mountain views from your hospital bed :*)


I am happy to report that she is doing great.  I'm sure you all know how relieved I am about that!

While at the hospital with her, I noticed a few things that tickled my funny bone ..... such as, the staff doesn't pay much attention to posted notices .....


And, someone needs to teach someone proper English...


My city-bred Baltimore grandmother had a you-know-what fit the first time she heard me say "cut" off the lights after I had moved to the south.  She didn't care very much for "ya'll" "reckon" or "yonder" either LOL!!!

Knitting plain jane socks is the perfect busy project when sitting in a hospital waiting room or with the patient for several days.  I managed to get quite a lot done on my current pair of socks On the Needles ..... 


These Raspberry Smooshy socks are making up so beautifully!  These are the ones I had to tear out all the way below the heel last month - my blog post about that is HERE.


I wanted these to be fairly simple so I wouldn't have to constantly check a pattern while knitting them, but I did decide to add a simple rib pattern to the cuffs to cut down on the monotony and add a little interest ... so far I'm very happy with the way they are turning out.


Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=


31 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you! What a cute little baby! Love the sisters' photo. Did you make a quilt for baby? Love the new socks, what a pretty color! Congrats, Gramma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh, the girls are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations to the whole family. And, wonderful news about your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations ! So happy for your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new little doll! Big sis looks pretty thrilled with her too. So sweet.

    I'm glad to hear your mom did well. That is such a relief for you. Your socks are such a great project for the hospital and they look beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new grandbaby is adorable, Teresa. She looks tinier than tiny. Of course, her big sister is adorable, too.

    I've never heard the phrase "cut off the lights" before. We usually say turn of the lights here in the north, but that's not exactly right, either, since we usually use a light switch that pushes up or down, or an occasional string in a close to pull the lights on and off. Hah! It was never a phrase I spent any time thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the lights were gas powered, weren't they turned on and off with a knob or finger grip of some sort? Maybe that's where the phrase came from. Just guessing. I'm still trying to figure out why it's a "pair" of pants. LOL

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your new grandbaby and glad you could be there for your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to everyone on the new family member and happy to hear your Mom is doing well..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the beautiful baby girl--you SHOULD be bragging!! LOL And I've lived in the south most of my life and have never used the 'cut off the lights' phrase..it's always been turn off (or out) the lights. Good GRIEF--cut?!! HA

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful little baby. Yes, she looks like one of those realistic porcelain dolls. She and her sister will be charmers (already are, really).
    Glad your Mom is doing well. That has to be such a relief!
    Nothing "plain jane" about those socks to me. They look luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering where your were!! Congratulation on a darling little baby girl and pleased to hear that your Mum is doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! Congratulations on your newest grand-blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She DOES look like a little newborn dolly! How sweet. Congratulations! Glad your mom's doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're back - you were missed. I'm sorry to hear that your mom needed additional surgery but so thankful that all is well. Congratulations and blessings for your new little granddaughter. I love the picture of her and her sister. The socks look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the new family member - she's just too adorable for words! I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing well ... when you were absent, I was wondering if you were with her and how she was doing. We missed you, you know ... but certainly understand that your mom's surgery and a new grandbaby to love are priorities over blogging. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on that sweet little granddaughter! She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have been busy with multi-generational tasks. Love the colors in the socks, and those granddaughters are cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a precious! You are so blessed to have eight. Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on the newest addition to the family! And so glad to hear things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous girls and you did start it....giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  20. congrats! and those signs are funny...... Hey, if you were a little bit more east, you could visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh she is absolutely precious. You get bragging rights. Hope your mamma is doing better, sweet socks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on the new grandbaby. They are both adorable.
    Glad to hear your mom is doing well.
    Love those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! Adorable little granddaughters. Love your socks too. I'm trying to learn to knit socks and I'm having trouble - I haven't even gotten to the hard part yet. Just very slow going knitting with 4 needles.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beauty. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have some catching up to do! How on earth did I miss this? Congratulations to you and your family! And, I am so glad to hear your mother is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on the new addition! What a sweet baby... absolutely a baby doll! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm just trying to catch up again. Seems like forever since I've "talked" to you. What beautiful grandchildren you are blessed with. The baby looks like a little angel and her big sister is so pretty. I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing well. That is wonderful news. Your raspberry socks are looking pretty spiffy. Won't be long now and you can start on the turquoise ones.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your little granddaughters are just so precious! Congratulations on your new little one. I am so glad hear that your Mom is doing well. I love those socks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...