Pages

Monday, May 16, 2016

A Horse is a Horse, of course ....

.... Unless it's a Seahorse!

Design by ©The Tartankiwi

I spent my weekend happily paper piecing, testing this wonderful pattern designed by Juliet at The Tartankiwi.  Juliet is one very talented designer!!!  This is her mini-Seahorse pattern, finishing up at 14 inches square.  It went together like butter - you will love working with her patterns if you like to paper piece.


I really recommend that you go to her website HERE and check out her other designs.  For instance, she has a full-sized Seahorse HERE.  It took my breath away the first time I saw it!  The pattern for the full-sized Seahorse will be available on her site soon - I can't wait!  I'll be sure to let you know when both patterns become available.  Her newest release is a full-sized Zebra - Oh my!  You've got to go see that one!!!

I was like a kid with a new toy when Juliet sent me the mini-Seahorse to test for her!  Pulling fabrics for a new project is my absolute favorite part of quilting!  As you can see, I got a little help with this one.....

Okay Mom - that's enough fabrics for TEN quilts - enough already!!!

Rocky even chose his favorite fabric .... he was pretty darn persistent that this piece of fabric was now his and I couldn't have it LOL!!!


Paper-piecing is one of my favorite piecing techniques.  But I do tend to end up with a mess ....


I admit I'm pretty hopeless at keeping the fabrics neat while in the middle of a project, but one of the things I like to do to keep my piecing organized is to color in the different sections so I can see at a glance which fabric comes next....


And before long, I have a finished section!


I'm a huge seahorse fan - I've loved them since I was a small child when my grandmother took me every summer to Ocean City MD.  It used to be pretty difficult to find seahorse things to collect, but happily they've become more popular in recent years.  They always remind me of my sweet Granny!

While I was happily stitching along, My Guy and Rocky came up to keep me company and watch golf....


Well, actually, it turns out Rocky doesn't seem to share our enthusiasm for golf.  He thought it was a great time for a nap on his favorite quilt!  Of course, when he woke up, then it was play time.....

Let's see what I can knock down from here - wow this is high!!!

I'm heading out to sit-n-sew with some friends this morning - I hope you have plans to do something fun and creative as well!!!

Linking up:


Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=


28 comments:

  1. I love this seahorse pattern! I would definitely make that for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cute seahorse! And I love the colors you chose for this block. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric choices for your seahorses are so pretty. Love those colors. Thanks for sharing your lovely block with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet pattern and gorgeous fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your finished seahorse is just darling -- she did a great job with the pattern. Rocky is so funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow--stellar job on the seahorse! Great texture with your fabric choices! Rocky seems to have moved in and made himself right at home. : ) Watch out, next he may commandeer the remote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pattern + lovely fabrics = happy quilt! I envy your array of aquas ;))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Seahorse and Rocky is one cute kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's a gorgeous seahorse ... in fabulous colors, too! I enjoy paper piecing and definitely appreciate the precision it allows. My next project will be paper pieced.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teresa, you nailed this one! Your fabric choices made it the most perfect sea horse! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the seahorse pattern and your fabric and color choices! What a beautiful job you did. I designed a seahorse pattern, but in raw edge applique. This one is really pretty. I might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your seahorse! I've never been a fan of paper piecing (my spatial dyslexia to blame) but this one is just so cute I may have to give it a try. Now I need to head off to check out her zebra!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love the sea horse...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Seahorse. I don’t care for paper piecing but I adore Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well Teresa that is a horse of a different color! Love those 2 colors together and the seahorse looks great. Not a huge fan of paper piecing though. Rocky is such a cutie. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh, I'm so glad you posted about this. I'm changing some things and one is the bathroom will be Mermaids and Seahorses. I will order the large one but will be looking for the 14 inch one to be released. My bedroom is going Bohemian style with bright bold colors (Kaffe Fassett style) and the main design feature will be Peacocks. I'm so excited to find this fella! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's beautiful, Teresa. I agree her patterns are spectacular and I really need to make one of them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for your kind words about my patterns. So good to hear that you enjoy sewing them. Thanks for doing a great job pattern testing. I just need to find the time to make all the tiny improvements that people have suggested...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous, and I love the colors you picked! Sew pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The pattern Juliet created is amazing, but your fabric choices and skill in putting them together make this little seahorse spectacular Teresa! Love love love it!
    How fun that you hubby and Rocky keep you company as you sew!

    ReplyDelete
  21. He's fabulous! The fabrics are perfect and so is the print placement. Seahorses always remind me of holidays on Anglesey and going to the Sea Zoo with my aunt there. I don't typically buy patterns, but I think I need to make an exception for the Tartan Kiwi ones - she does amazing stuff and lots of things I like. :) Maybe it'll be a May is for Makers purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just bought 3 patterns from ( may is for makers)Juliet. I did look and the seahorse and I think if I saw you adorable seahorse first this pattern would of been in my cart...so many patterns so little money, LOL! I am sure I will head back to her shop and this guy will end up in my cart. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like Rocky has an eye for color! Nice project!

    ReplyDelete
  24. From the eye detail to the curve of the tail, this is one fabulous sea-horse. Very neatly done!!
    Preeti.
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderfully elaborate piece of work! And your fabrics just make it sing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow - that seahorse is spectacular and you've done a beautiful job of putting it together. Love everything about it - the colours are perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...