Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2017

The Road to En Provence!

I have a completed En Provence block!


I am tickled pink to have this much to show today :*)  I know there are a few of my fellow quilters who were able to keep up better with the clues and have their tops complete.  But I had to let mine sit for a couple of weeks, and then cut/stitched like a maniac this weekend to play catch-up.

First I had to cut lots of quarter-square triangles for both clues .....


We were finally able to cut into our greens for these clues!  I chose to keep my greens very dark, and then used light yellowy-greens instead of the yellow Bonnie called for.  I'm not usually fond of yellow in a quilt (unless it is a yellow quilt !)  Here are the fabrics I used...


I set up a little production line, using Block #7 I Believe Sampler pieces as my leaders/enders....


My plan was to at least get all of my Clue #6 units made - and I did!


Once these #6 units were done, I had all I needed to put a full block together, which of course I shared at the beginning of the post ;*).  And then I got the #7 units halfway sewn as well .....


I couldn't resist stitching a couple of these together to see how the finished units looked...Pretty!!!


Then of course I had to piece at least one sashing section too!


Oooo - I love that touch of magenta in there!  I think I'm going to really like this quilt.  I will have to go back and make a few more of each clue to give me 9 blocks total, but it feels really great to have almost all of the pieces assembled, ready for making the blocks.  I'll keep you posted!!!

Linking up with Bonnie's Linky Party today where you'll find lots of gorgeous En Provence quilt blocks and quilt tops to enjoy - come on over!!!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

12 comments:

  1. What a pretty block! You've chosen gorgeous fabrics (of course). I can't wait to see it all come together with the sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love , love the fabrics you have chosen for this quilt. It is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your lime greens instead of the yellow. Such a pretty block, the quilt will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your version is going to be outstanding! Those limey yellow-greens are luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you've chosen some pretty fabrics for it. It's going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fabric choices are wonderful. There are a lot of pieces to stitch together for each block. Slowly, but surely they will get finished, but it is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful block Teresa and the fabrics you are using are so neat! I have the blocks done but it will be a bit before I get the border done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice of fabrics. I, too, am doing 9 blocks. Using from my stash with just a couple of 1/4 yards added. You'd think I'd notice a reduction in the fabric inventory, but not so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your greens! Your block looks fab!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...