Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Slow Stitching Sunday ... and Some Major Stash Enhancement!!!

Since I have been traveling for the holiday, I was able to get in some sweet hand stitching!  I finally finished up the 7th block in my Promises & Borders quilt.  I only have 3 more blocks to finish this up.


I also got a lot done on my latest Blue Winter Wonderland block.... just a few snowflakes left to finish this one up.  Lots to go before this quilt will be finished though :*)


I always so enjoy the gentle pace of hand stitching and look forward to my time with needle and thread :*)  I'll be linking up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching linky party, so be sure to go over and see what others are slowly stitching up!

I can't wait to get home (driving all day tomorrow!) and get busy on some really fun projects going on!  Bonnie posted the first Easy Street clue Friday and all I could do was LOOK!!!  I am just itching to chop up some 2" strips with my new die cutter and get busy making those cute little 4 patches!!!  And Jenny at Sew Kind of Wonderful posted the newest Curve It Up QAL block - a curved rail fence - sweet!!!!  Look for some fun project posts SOON!   =^..^=

However, my week was not all spent in traveling, visiting family, cooking, and eating lots of this...

Yes indeedy - that's a 24 pounder!!!!  Just before he went in for his last browning :*)
I also managed to enhance the stash quite nicely!!!!

I always try to go by Mary Jo's in Gastonia when I am in North Carolina, and it worked out perfectly for me to drop in last Tuesday.  I even ran into Mary Jo herself!  I'll do a post next week on my visit and share some of the pictures I took at the shop, but for now I'll just share some of my goodies....

Some of these luscious lime/apple greens will be added to my Easy Street stash!

Love these aquas!!!
These will not only be used on Easy Street but also on my aqua Jamestown Landing (someday!)

This yummy aqua batik was only $7 a yard so I had to bring home some of it - wouldn't you????
This is the gray I decided to use for Easy Street - I like it much better than the one I had in my stash.

Two more fat quarters for Easy Street!
I'm hoping this happy orange polka dot will work with  my Curve It Up QAL fabrics
There are always so many batiks to choose from at Mary Jo's, but these had to come home with me!  I love the rich blues and I'm thinking they will work well with my Butterflies quilt.  This picture does not do the multi-colored one on top justice - the picture below is better....
This is a better shot of the multi-colored blue/purple batik - WOW!!!  It is a gorgeous piece of fabric!

So the Stash Report for this week is.......

Stash Enhancement Report - November 25, 2012 

Used/Destashed this week:  0.0 yards
Used/Destashed YTD 2012: 222.75 yards
Stashed this week: 14.25 yards
Stashed YTD 2012: 269.00 yards
Net Used for 2012: -46.25 yards



Be sure to go over to Patchwork Times to see how others are doing at managing their stash!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

19 comments:

  1. I'll bet you are itching to get at those fabrics ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a girl of my heart....I am a turquoise kinda girl too. Is it possible to make too many quilts with that being the main color????? Love all your stash enhancements! Love the snowman angel too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you're doing the BH mystery. Should be fun! Love you P and B blocks - and the snowman too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy turkey! I am still working on my Winter Wonderland also. Oh how I miss going to Mary Jo's. Lived in Raleigh and it was a monthly trip, even though I worked at a quilt store, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new fabrics are Delicious!!! I printed the 1st clue to Easy Street, but then found I do not have 2 yards of a grey! Darn it. I may have to wait before I can start. Your snowman and P&B blocks look so good. You have been very productive even though you were not in your sewing room. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your stitcheries. I know because I've done both of them! Gorgeous fabrics. I have that gray one in tan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Travel safe today. We did the all day drive yesterday and there were LOTS of cars out on the road. Love you new fabric additions. You should be all set for Easy Street. Step one looks pretty easy, so it should be no problem getting caught up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitcheries are lovely, the turkey made my mouth water, and your fabrics are WOW. You are going to have a super mystery quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty hand stitching projects! Gorgeous fabrics acquistions too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like good selections for Easy Street nice gray. I hope to one day make it to Mary Jo's have heard wonderful things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All that and you STILL are in the Black! LOL. good job!

    I am wavering on easy street there.......I would have to buy fabric to get those colors......and who wants to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a precious snow angel, and wonderful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your fabrics you stashed for Easy Street. I shopped from my stash except for the grey and black and white. My grey is good but love yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness...some *very* lovely enhancements you've made this week, sweet lady!! I love the orange polka dots! And the blue batik! And the grey tonal! And ... LOL! All of it! Your little snowman stitchery is darling, too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. New stash! Woohoo! I only got some fat quarters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my - yummy stash enhancement! I especially like the blue batiks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the awesome job you do of "stash enhancement." VBG
    Your 7th block in Promises & Borders is lovely and the saying is such a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Promises and Borders continues to delight! And I Love the snowman making snow angels! So cute!
    Great fabrics for Easy Street--and I love those rich blue batiks! You are SO good at stash enhancement!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my...you sure did do some "enhancement"! Love the Dimple aquas! Your stitchery blocks look wonderful! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...