Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Slow Stitching on My Design Wall

On Sundays I always like to link up with Kathy over at Kathy's Quilts for some Slow Stitching!  And since I posted yesterday about my Rainbow Pineapples, I'll link this up with Judy at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.

I'll be working on The Blue Collection applique project while watching the mediocre Carolina Panthers play football today.  At least I'm loyal, right?  Hope springs eternal that they will mount an unbelievable comeback and start winning every game for the rest of the season..... well, okay, that hope has pretty much fizzled out, but I'm still pulling for them :*)

Back to the real world.... 

This is how my strawberry dish turned out using the starch method to prepare the pieces....


Sweet!!!!  I just love that dotted fabric for the strawberry!!!

I still had a little trouble with that leaf, but it was the stitcher, not the method that was at fault.  I think it turned out okay, so it's staying on.  Here is a picture of the designer's block so you can see what it will eventually look like...

The Blue Collection - block by Maggie Walker
I've started on the teapot now ......




I just love this teapot, and I'm absolutely in LOVE with this fabric I'm using for the body of it!!!!

If all goes well, I should have this block finished up today.

***UPDATE****

I did finish up the teapot block ------



Now I'll start on my peaches bowl.  Do you remember my Great Peach Quest post?  Click HERE and HERE if you want to refresh your memory.  I'll wait..... Okay, you back?  *smiles*   Well, here is what these peaches look like all prepped for stitching down....


I was amazed at how great they are going to look in that bowl!  What really tickles me pink is that the size of the peaches in the fabric is almost exactly the size needed for the pattern =^..^=  I may have to tweak them a little as I stitch them down, but I think it is going to work splendidly, don't you?

This is Maggie's block - No offense to Maggie who is one AMAZING designer, but I think I like my peaches better :*)  And I didn't have to paint anything - yep, that's a winner for me!


The Blue Collection - block by Maggie Walker
For those who enjoyed seeing my granddaughter's first attempts at embroidery (HERE), here is her finished piece!!!


For a first embroidery project, I think she did an amazing job!  She even designed the layout, choosing the designs from her book and placing them in position to make her undersea design.  I think she has some definite potential as a future crafter =^..^=  We will be making a sweet little pillow out of this so she can gift it to a special friend.

And last, but not least - the news you've all been waiting for.....  * Drum-roll please!*

The winner of my Birthday Giveaway is....... Andra Gayle!







Andra Gayle said...
I became a follower. Can't wait to see your progress on Hawaii Sunset ( I am very far behind you) and Easy Street (haven't officially decided to participate yet)!



Congratulations Andra Gayle and thanks for following along.  I hope you enjoy the magazine and pattern!  I've sent you an email, so be sure to get your snail mail address to me quickly :*)

That's it for me today!  What about you?  Are you slow stitching today?  What's on your Design Wall?

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

I'm linking this post up with...


Patchwork Times

19 comments:

  1. I have that same strawberry fabric, and eventually I'm going to mak a table runner from it...of strawberries. Great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The strawberry looks great! I love the blue fabrics you have found for the bowls. But those peaches--what a solution! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your strawberry fabric is perfect. What a great project you are working on.
    And look at your granddaughter's project. She did really well.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Good luck in my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The peaches are PERFECT!! And your applique looks gorgeous! I love the fabric for the teapot, as well/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your strawberry is mouth-watering! Just perfect for that bowl. I like your peaches better too!! Any technique for applique that has you turning under the edges first, whether it be starch, freezer paper or glue, is easier for me and faster in the long run. Your pieces look very nice. Your blue bowl is awesome. I totally understand why you love that blue fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your granddaughter's embroidery, what a great job she did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your strawberry looks good enough to eat! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure did do a great job on those peaches! And the cherries, and the strawberry...way to go! I admire your patience on all these tiny little pieces! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching....enjoy your game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teresa, the peaches look edible!!! You did a great job putting that little idea into reality!!! The blue fabric for the teapot is scrumptious!! I love it too!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My! Your grand daughter makes me want me to try to embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Gayle!! I love the strawberry in the dish -- it's wonderful...along with all your pieces! Your teapot is beautiful!! YAY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe I won!! What a great birthday present for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, those peaches are great! And your granddaughter seems to have inherited your talent with the needle and thread. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got lots done! The peaches turned out great, so far.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that teapot!--there is something about blue china with a little bit of yellow that is just sooooooo satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are progressing very nicely with your applique. I love the blue teapot. Still resisting ordering the pattern!! VBG

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful applique and your grand daughter has beautiful stitches, her teacher much be an expert!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your strawberry fabric is just adorable. Appliqué is so much more fun when you find just the perfect fabric to use.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your block is just unbelievable! Looks like your grand daughter has a future as a stitcher, wonderful work! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...