Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Charmed, I'm Sure!

Ahhhh .... the month of LOVE!!!


February is a month that evokes all kinds of emotions and feelings in me.  On the one hand I always dread the bitter cold that seems to fill the February days.  Old Man Winter knows he's on the way out, so he huffs and puffs and does his best to make sure we'll remember him until he returns!


But Valentine's Day helps to rescue the month for me!  This holiday is a warm, bright spot in the middle of the chill of February!  It's a little whisper that says "Hold on! Warmer, brighter days are ahead! Just around the corner, in fact!  Love is in the Air...."

February calendar photo by Wendy Bentley

.... and where Love is, there is warmth and goodness and joy of life - right?  Valentine's Day never fails to charm me out of the winter doldrums.  And what could be more "charming" than these lovely heart charms made by Julie at Me and My Stitches?


They have definitely helped pull me out of my yearly winter stupor hibernation :*)  Yes, I'm admittedly part bear!  I go into my house in October and don't come out until April LOL!!!

Charms by Julie at Me and My Stitches

The large heart is one I purchased a couple years ago from Julie - I love those soft spring colors!  The smaller bright pink heart is from Julie's Charming Club.  I decided to join Charming this year because she is offering a collection of bright charms for the first time!  I have to say, so far I have been absolutely delighted with them!  You get a new charm bi-monthly and the chance to add a few others throughout the year as she offers them.  I jumped on the chance to add the delightful Pineapple charm this month ....

Charms by Julie at Me and My Stitches

If you love these charms too, be sure to go HERE and get on her email list so you can be notified when the next Charming Club starts!  The spots are limited and go quickly :*)  Of course, you don't have to wait to add one of her beautiful pieces to your jewelry collection - just click on the Go Shopping link and find your perfect Valentine's Day gift!!!

February also means I can take down the winter quilts with snowflakes and snowmen, and replace them with sweet loving little hearts everywhere....


February's Bertie's Year quilt is one of my favorites and I'm SO enjoying seeing it every morning in my breakfast room ♥♥♥

My little Ackfield table frame is newly adorned with a little Valentine quilt as well ....


It is a very simple quilt - an orphan block I added borders to and quilted to fit the frame.  It could possibly have used a little more quilting, but I'm calling it done and moving on.  This is the second of my completed 2015 Finish Along projects which I'm happy to mark off my Q1 List!!!  Next up is quilting the Baby Bargello :*)


2015 FAL at On the Windy Side


Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
Teresa
=^..^=

11 comments:

  1. Very nice post! Love those charms. I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see all these Valentine treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the heart shape. Love the little charms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would hibernate if I lived in cold weather!

    Your Valentine projects are so pretty. I love those charm pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading your thoughts on Valentines Day. : )
    Oh, of course you are getting the bright charms. I joined the first go round for dark and dirty ones, but the bright ones are very fun! Oh--especially with the black!
    Your Bertie quilt is so sweet looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of pretty things for Valentines' month. Those little charms are charming.. !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I echo your sentiments about the doldrums...it seems to be that even though the temperature outside may be the same now as it was in January, I'm colder now than I was then. I keep turning the heat up but I think it's a cold that's an expectation rather than a reality. And getting out the Valentine pillows and mini quilts help! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post! I can see why you love the charms as they are so cheery. It's so neat to see quilt blocks in so many different ways :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are loving your bright charms and thanks for the shout out! February is my birthday month (I claim the entire month to celebrate!) so of course, I love all of your projects here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post , love your little Bertie for February and the heart mini is adorable . Happy Valentine's Day .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Valentine's Day, Teresa! Love all those hearty projects, and glad to see that you have a few UFOs dating back more than a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...