Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Design Wall Monday - August 13, 2012

Hope ya'll had a lovely weekend!  It was kind of quiet at our house, and that was okay with us :*)  The PGA Championship was on TV, as well as the end of the Olympics, so we had plenty to keep us entertained while I stitched and Don's knee recuperated.

On Friday, I went to Joanne's and loaded my niece Raney's graduation quilt, Raney Days & Mondays.  You can see my post about the fabrics and the piecing for this Disappearing Nine-Patch quilt HERE.



It looks huge on the machine, but it is really only about 60x90, a long twin size.  I did iron it - promise! - but I had to fold it up in the bag for transport, and it sure doesn't look like an iron ever came near it :*)  It quilted out just fine though!

This is the fabric Laurie (Raney's mom and my sister) chose for the back...



Raney's baby quilt was a multi-colored polka-dot like this, so Laurie felt this piece would make the quilt even more special.  I think it is the perfect fabric :*)  Doesn't the quilting show up nice on it?  So cute!




My favorite panto - Daisies Galore.  Simple and fun and a little flirty - just like our sweet Raney! :*)

Here is the whole quilt (this was taken before quilting).....Don't you just love the design the Disappearing Nine-Patch makes?  And it is SO easy too :*)



I have the binding all made and ready to apply, which I will do this week.  And I also need to make a label for it so Raney will have the provenance of the quilt if she ever needs it someday :*)

Also completed this weekend - this block for the Promises & Borders BOM....finally!


I really like it laid out on top of Raney's quilt...


I'm thinking I may re-think the layout for this quilt!  I really love these colors surrouding it and giving it a lot of color punch!  Jenny's design calls for a 3-fabric sashing & borders, but this peek at what a bright scrappy sashing might look like is enticing me to experiment.... stay tuned! =^..^=

And I completed my Twister Tree - woohoo!!!  But I'll wait until another post to unveil that because I have lots of photos to share & I don't want to overload this post :*)  However, I will leave you with this little tease of the tiny tree our instructor made with her scraps from her big tree....
I didn't measure it for exact measurements, but this tiny quilt is only about 8x10 inches!!!  And it is TOO cute!!!  I've started trimming down my scraps to make mine... I can't wait!!!   Many thanks to Starr for teaching us this fun new technique :*)

I'm linking up with this week as always with Patchwork Times for Design Wall Mondays.  Also linking up with:


Tuesday Linky Party at Freemotion by the River
WIP Wednesdays at Freshly Pieced
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict 

Hugs & Blessings,
Teresa
=^..^=

24 comments:

  1. Love that backing fabric, as well as the panto. :) Your BOM block is super sweet. And that teeny-tiny twister Christmas tree is very cool! It looks so perfect, but those squares have to be teensy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I love that you incorporated one of the P&B blocks as the label! What a clever idea! And one of my favorite Scriptures, too!! (I think we had this discussion!) She is going to be so excited when she sees this -- lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tiny tree is wonderful!! I can't wait to see more.
    Raney's quilt is awesome. I really like the disapearing 9 patch. Definitely something to go on my ever expanding quilty to-do list.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt for your niece--and I love that panto. It is very cute.
    Your stitched block is another sweet finish. It does look good on that quilt. Hmmm!
    Love the twister tree. Very festive! Can't wait to see what you have done with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your niece's quilt is perfect from the design to the panto. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful D9P quilt and love your lil twister tree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quilting you're doing on that disappearing 9 patch quilt. So whimsical! I just love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL!!! Raney will be so pleased when she gets it. She leaves thursday and she can't come home for three weeks. I am not looking forward to leaving her there altho I am very excited about her going to college. Thanks for making her such a beuatiful "blankie" to have with her there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love everything on this blog post...I have so much to say...I should just phone you! LOL
    So the quilting is fabulous...so pretty! I love love super love the dotty backing!
    The stitchery block looks perfect with these colours!
    And the twister tree is so cool...I am for sure going to make these for Christmas gifts...can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing the magic happen when you put the quilting on an already wonderful pieced quilt. Truly spectacular. Thanks for sharing. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  11. See, I am reading. Almost done with A's!! I LOVE Raneys quilt. So bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the quilt, it's gorgeous! The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the disappearing nine patch! It really does create such a fun look! I love the colors and fabrics you picked! The quilting is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful projects! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous quilt- the quilting is just perfect for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous quilt - the quilting looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely quilt and the quilting just adds so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful quilt and I love the quilting as well! Did you quilt it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! And your twister tree is so cute. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Raney's quilt. The colors are wonderful--and while, in general, I just like polka dots, I think it's great that this quilt relates to her baby quilt as well. The daisy quilting pattern does look great on this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You definitely get a whoop whoop!! Raney's quilt is lovely - great colors!! And your embroidered block is wonderful and would look great surrounded by bright colors. Can't wait to see your twister tree!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice quilting!

    Thanks for stopping by to say hi. I always love hearing from you.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...