Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday - on Sunday???

Go HERE to see my Dots on Dots block! =^..^=

I'm off to retreat tomorrow - whoohoo!!!!!

And since tomorrow is my day to show off my Dots on Dots block, I'm going ahead with my Design Wall Monday post today :*)  You can check out all the other DWM posts on Monday morning HERE.

I'm planning to get a lot done while I'm at retreat!  Hopefully, I'll manage to put together a blog post or two in between projects, but I know you'll forgive me if you don't hear from me for the next few days, right?  You look like a really sweet, forgiving bunch :*)

We'll be at retreat until Friday noon, so lots of time to get some serious work done on several UFO projects, as well one of the Calendar Quilts that I did not get around to in August.
Picture from the book, Calendar Quilts by Kim Schaeffer
It is the Bee Hive design and one of my favorites, so even though August has come and gone, I'll have lots of fun doing this one and will be able to hang it next year :*)

My design wall is currently bare because I've pulled these off and labeled them in their rows, ready for assembly into a top! ................
25 of these.....
and 24 of these!
This is the Girls Just Want to Have Fun quilt.  I still have to make some more of the four-patches before I can finish assembling the inner border design blocks.  Then I can assemble the center and finish up with the scrappy piano key border!!!

This was a class I took at Runaway last year, so I'm happy to have it to the stage of sharing the finished top this year.

I've also pulled the fabrics to begin my first In Flight butterfly block.  I'm starting with the Monarch block because it is just SO STINKING BEAUTIFUL!!!!  ( Okay, well.... I'm glad I've got that out of my system, aren't you?!?  =^..^= )  But seriously.... isn't this just gorgeous?  Of course, this is the designer's block - mine is yet to be created :*)
Photo courtesy of Zebra Patterns
http://www.zebrapatterns.com/Butter_1Monarch.html
I don't know if I'll get around to working on this one at retreat or not.  Because I'm using a relatively new technique on these blocks - Beth Ferrier's Hand Applique by Machine - I may wait until I get home and can really concentrate and be sure I have everything I need at hand.  I'll certainly have enough projects to work on if I decide to wait on this one.  I always take too much with me :*)

 And just to get you in the Dots on Dots mood - I found these oh-so-CUTE little travel tags at Tuesday Mornings this week.... isn't that just the cutest thing???  The other side has a see-thru pocket for name & address info.


Gotta run now and finish packing up!
I hope you all have a WONDERFUL week -- I'll miss you!!!  
Hope you miss me too :*)

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=


9 comments:

  1. Have fun and a safe trip for all you gals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute travel bag! Those butterflies are going to be SUCH fun!! Can't wait for tomorrow to see your dots!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun.....I gotta get me one of those pink bags....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are going to have a great time. Hope you get so much done you will surprise yourself. : )
    I'm sure your butterfly will rival the original.
    Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sempre gosto de suas postagens,mas quero ver esta borboleta,sou apaixonada por elas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun on retreat. I really like the butterfly and the bee hive is just plain fun! You do wonderful work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am sure you will have lots of fun and your projects are wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You seem like someone who never sets out to have a bad time--so you're bound to enjoy the heck out of your retreat :) Hope all your projects get some love while you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see your finished 'Girls just want to have fun' quilt top. Love all those fun colors! Have fun on your retreat. I've never been on one before.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...