Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Running Away & Stash Enhancement :*)

Boy-oh-Boy did we have fun at Runaway!!!


Sorry this picture is a little blurry, but we were working so fast it was hard to get a good picture :*D

My biggest achievement was getting my Girls Just Want to Have Fun quilt top completely finished!!!

WooHoo!!!!  I have to admit, this one was NOT fun for me, especially by the time I was getting close to the end.  But it is a beautiful quilt and I'm really glad I made it.  This was a class I took last year at Runaway Retreat.  One year in the making :*)  Thanks again Joanne for sharing your 30's scraps =^..^=

Other than the big finish of GJWTHF, I also managed to catch up on my Piecemakers Mystery Quilt.  This was a good deal for me because I had only cut out the fabrics and was 3 clues behind!  I also got a little work done on the August Calendar Quilt, but not a lot.  These are my socks at the end of the day on Wednesday..... LOL!!!!!

Would you say the floors were a little dirty?  I finally had to give up trying to keep my quilt off the floor when ironing it and trust that it will all come out in the wash :*)

I had to share this cute little souvenir I brought home with me....a totally adorable turtle pin cushion!!!


Isn't she just the cutest little thing????!!!!


This is another one, all blinged out with earrings and a necklace, and it already has a little history .... Carol bought it because she loved the colors and the bling.  It suited her perfectly!  But then Lynn - who loves purple - saw it, and fell in love with it too.  Lynn had not gone to meeting that night, so she didn't know about the turtle pin cushions and didn't have a chance to get one.  Sadly for all of her friends here in Nashville, Lynn is moving to Seattle in a few weeks to be nearer to her grandchildren.  So when Carol saw how much Lynn loved this little turtle, she gave it to her!  Now THAT's a good friend :*)

I've decided I'm going to have to add a few little blingy things to mine too.  Once we found out these were available at the vendor, there was a huge rush to get them and options were limited by the time I got there.  I love her bright colors, but it will be fun to see what I can find to bling her out a little :*D

We spent all day Tuesday quilt shop hopping - what a fun day!!!  I couldn't have picked out any more fun people to spend a day with :*)  I wish I had gotten a picture of all of us together.  It did cut down on our sewing time, but we had a wonderful time and I added quite a few fabrics to the stash :*)  I'll just share some of the eye candy now and let the fabrics speak for themselves with a few captions.....

I plan to make a new Stitchery Keeper out of these cute fabrics!  They are from a line called McCall's.  I actually got these at Whittle's on our ride home :*)
The dots on the left are for my In Flight Butterflies blocks, and the yellows are for Hawaii Sunset
I added these solids for a quilt I hope to start soon.....
I absolutely love this lime green print!  It was on sale so I grabbed a couple of yards :*)
These pinks are for Hawaii Sunset.  I also got some poison greens but they just didn't photograph well.  I think I have all I need now to get busy on this awesome quilt!
These one-yard cuts were in a basket marked $3.00!!!  Can't pass that up - no way!!!  I got a few others too :*)
I fell in love with this quilt hanging on the wall of one of the quilt shops!!!  Lime and aqua and raspberry - YUM!!!!
They didn't have the pattern, but they did have one kit left and the binding fabric.... Yep, I snapped them up :*)
I'll have to find the pattern somewhere later.
These are the kit fabrics, binding fabric on the far right.  I'm in love with that aqua with the big white dots!!! 
I sure did have fun this past week, but I'm energized and excited about getting back - and I'm really excited about cutting into some of these new fabrics :*D

Here's the report for this week.....


Stash Enhancement Report - September 23, 2012 

Used/Destashed this week: 13.50 yards
Used/Destashed YTD 2012: 209.25 yards
Stashed this week: 23.00 yards
Stashed YTD 2012: 215.00 yards
Net Used for 2012: -5.75 yards


I'm back in the red, but these fabrics were definitely worth it!!!  And it helped to have a nice finish this week too :*)  Be sure to see what others are stashing this week at Patchwork Times!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

11 comments:

  1. Teresa, What a great time we had and we definetly acquired some really nice fabrics. So thankful to have good friends like you! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. The enhancements you made to your stash are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks like you had a BLAST! Especially when it comes to the shopping end of it -- LOL!!! That lime green was gorgeous, my eyes were drawn to it right away. And the McCall's line, too!!! Fun, fun, fun stuff!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is gorgeous- well worth the work It is a real beauty.
    There is something about stash enhancement that makes one feel terrific.
    You found some lovely pieces.
    I love the story of the turtle pin cushion. I would have wanted to have one with a little bling too.
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look like you had fun. Love the quilt, and since the turtle is the reason for my name (The Slow Quilter) I Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like all the fabric, the quilt is beautiful. Everthing you do is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like an amazing retreat! Congratulations on your finished flimsy. Awesome! Great stash enhancement too -- there are some beautiful colors in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing quilt top you finished...wow! What a great time you had...love the proof on the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girls Gone Wild looks great! Love all those yummy fabrics you came home with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous quilt! And gorgeous fabric too. Great numbers - you're not in the red by much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a great time and what a neat quilt! I'm like you....that lime green fabric is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...