Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Slowing it Down for Sunday

It's a gorgeous day here in middle Tennessee!!!  

A little warm still, but the humidity we were suffering from Isaac is thankfully almost gone.  The sun is shining and the birds are singing... the poor little hummingbirds are working themselves silly trying to store up enough fat to make it across the Gulf of Mexico here in a month or so :*)

And I got a wonderful surprise yesterday afternoon - my daughter and granddaughter came up for a quick visit!  They wouldn't let me take their pictures, but I did get a good shot of one of the newest members of their family.....

This is little Addie - short for either Adeline or Adelaide, I can't remember which.  Does that make me a terrible grandmother?  LOL!!!  Isn't she the sweetest, cutest little thing you ever saw?  Well, not counting your own babies of course :*)  She has a brother too, but he was not in any mood to sit for a photo session.  They are about six weeks old and a bundle of energy & fun =^..^=

Today, I'm thankful for all these wonderful gifts from my loving Father!!!  What are you thankful for?

I'm joining Kathy at Kathy's Quilts today, doing some slow stitching.  As always, working on my Promises & Borders blocks keeps my mind and heart centered on my Father =^..^=  Here is my current block.....


I've gotten quite a bit done.  Just getting the lettering done is always a milestone for me, since it's my least favorite part of the stitching.  I love the way the trees seem to form the shape of a heart!  Jenny is a very talented designer and I'm really loving this project.

As promised, I spent yesterday working on my scrappy Rainbow Pineapples.

Here are the 2 aqua blocks, all done and looking mighty fine, even if I do say so myself :*)  Not sure if I'll work on the orange ones today or not, we'll just have to see how the day develops.  That's what Sundays are for... just going with the flow, easy and gently, just like riding a float on the waves.  Hmmmm, close your eyes and you're there!

No activity in the stash this week, but you can go over to Patchwork Times to see what wonderful things others are adding to their stashes =^..^=

I'm wishing you all a blessed Sunday and hoping that you will slow down 
and just enjoy the gift of the day :*)

 Source:  Pinterest
Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful aqua pineapple blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it would be impossible to look at the cute little bundle of fur without going "ahhhhhhhhhhhh...... so cute". I love your aqua blocks, and I also love your Promises and Borders block. Such wonderful and comforting promises from our Lord. I love working on them, and focusing on the words while doing it. Although, I'm cheating and using a Pigma pen for the lettering, because that is my least favourite part, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, such a sweet and trusting little face! Precious!!
    Your stitchery continues to inspire me--and those pineapple blocks continue to WOW me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the kitty, the blocks & want one of the cups. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, how sweet! A surprise visit is always nice! And Addie is a darling...what a precious little face she has! Enjoy a quiet afternoon of stitching!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable sweet kitten....wish I wasn't allergic to them because I just love 'em!
    So great that you got the letters done, and now onto the fun stitching...enjoy!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pineapple blocks!!! So vibrant!!!

    What a cute little kitten!! What a blessing to have visitors!! Glad for you!!

    As always, your slow stitching is so sweet! I need a slow stitching project! But it seems that I'm on "speed" piecing! It's called - tooooo many projects, not enough time!!! LOL!!

    Blessings this beautiful day of the LORD!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pineapple blocks. They are so rich and colorful looking. Wow!
    Little Addie is just toooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love sweet little Addie, she is just the definition of cute! And I love each new pineapple block more than the last. The aqua ones are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep the first thing I said when saw ADORABLE little Addie was AWWWWwwwww! What a cutie. And speaking of cuties, will ya look at those pineapple blocks, wow just gorgeous. Can't wait to see the full rainbow. Just love the black in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pineapple blocks and Addie is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. of course I am in love with your pineapple blocks... and could I take the kitty home with me? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...