Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

End of Month Reports - August 2013

Since I regularly do several posts at the end of the month to update progress or participate in challenges, I thought it would be good idea to try doing one post that covers them all.... I'm hoping that will help me stay organized and save some time.... time that I can use sewing!!!  I think you will all enjoy this post more than you might think, since it will be picture heavy - lots of eye candy on months when I get a lot done, right?

2013 NewFO Challenge project(s) - linking up with Cat Patches

Shop Hop Market Bag - see post HERE
Covered Project Box - see post HERE

Personalized Marker Rollups for Back-to-School gifts - see post HERE
Love my new Selvedge Box!!! - see post HERE
Wow!!!
Yes I was BUSY in August!!!!

2013 Rainbow Scrap Challenge - REDS - linking up with SoScrappy

Fantasia - click HERE to see more Fantasia blocks :*)

Lone Starburst - click HERE to see more blocks like this one

I also did a lot of playing with my red scraps while constructing blocks for Talkin' Turkey, a slow and easy quilt-along project with a couple of friends.


Made 30 nine-patches for the block centers....  Next up - 456 flying geese - YIKES!!!

On the Needles - linking up with Patchwork Times
This month I completed my Cloud Illusions shawl - my first ever knitted lace project!!!

Click HERE to read my posts about this shawl


Completed 3 feathers in my Dreambird Shawl KAL with Judy & Denise...

Click HERE to read more about my Dreambird adventures ....

And I got this far on my Noro Bias Lace Scarf, although this project is now officially on hold until I finish Dreambird.



Get It Done - August/September 2013 - linking up with Patchwork Times
I've really let this handy little organizational tool drop by the wayside in all my busyness these past few months, but I'd like to get back into the mode of having a written plan of what I'd like to accomplish each month, and then be able to look back at the end of the month to see how I've done.  Although I haven't taken the time to write up a post in recent months, I have been writing my goals down on my dry-erase board...


Down and dirty organizational method, but it works for me!

August 2013 - my goals were to:

  • Wash Stash fabrics! - DONE - Washed 9 loads!
  • Prep for Runaway class - DONE - ordered patterns and emailed participants
  • Genevieve's Banners - planned but not yet started
  • Hexie Blog Hop - DONE!!!
  • Begin quilting Moonglow - not done :(
  • Quilt Midnight Runner (Santa Sleigh) - DONE!!!
  • RSC Challenge blocks - DONE!!!
  • Dishcloths for daughter- DONE knitted 3 and mailed them off to her!!!
  • Block Cloud Illusions - DONE!!!
  • Start Dreambird - DONE!!!


September 2013 Goals:
I will be at Runaway Retreat for 5 days this month which should equate to getting a LOT done!  I'm teaching one of those days, so I will have to plan some time for preparation for that.

  • Finish prep-work on all materials for Runaway class
  • Continue washing Stash!
  • RSC Challenge blocks
  • Complete Genevieve's baby quilt
  • New Tabletop quilt for Mom (NewFO Challenge project)
  • Quilt The First Tree of Life
  • Start quilting Moonglow
  • Make flying geese for Talkin' Turkey
  • Finish Dreambird Shawl
  • Plan and prepare Runaway projects that I think I can accomplish in 4 days


How are you planning your September?
I think I'm ready - BRING IT ON!!!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

19 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with your August - you wow'ed us all at the Hexie Hop for sure! And September looks busy, but doable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Teresa, you mustn't have slept much in August! Lovely finishes, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world did you get so much done? Great job - I love all the red blocks - especially that talking turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been really busy. Congrats on all your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've had a very productive August!! Way to go and I love the knitting projects that you're working on. Nice job on the lace shawl, I haven't tried lace yet, but it's so lovely to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so many fabulous projects in the works! I am so impressed with how many of your August goals were finished. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you go, girl! I'm dizzy from your productiveness. But I must say--I am so glad all of those flying geese are yours to make and not mine. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great month you had! It would be hard to choose a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As usual, I'm blown away with all you get done each month. Your projects are beautiful and your knitting has really picked up speed. Your lacy shawl is gorgeous! You are as good a knitter as you are quilter. I like your down and dirty list. It works for me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many beautiful things! I have tons of selvedges and would love to know how to make that box...I think I can envision it so maybe I could do it. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. You accomplished a LOT this month, and your new projects are great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. That was an awesome list! So many beautiful projects! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see how your Talkin' Turkey comes together. I love the little patches you've got ready to put together.

    You were a busy, busy gal in August! I'm impressed!

    Another retreat? Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm just in awe of what you've achieved this month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are Awesome.. So many things accomplished. I have to get back to making a list. I was more productive then.

    Beautiful Projects!!!
    I love the Talking Turkey by Bonnie hunter. I did a block for a swap and got the "hots" to make myself a quilt from this great pattern! On my bucket list!
    Aileen in FL

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an inspiring post! Love that selvage box, and those RED blocks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are a Dynamo! Everything is so pretty! I have only knitted small lace scarves. Your shawl is fantastic! I love the selvage box! I think I'll copy you and make one for my small scraps! Thanks for a fabulous post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, where to start. Everything is great!!! You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, where to start. Everything is great!!! You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...