Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

DWM 9/2/13 & A New Blog Hop!

I know!  I KNOW!!!  I'm too busy to join a new Blog Hop!!!  My first thought when I agreed to join in was, "My friends are going to get such a laugh out of this!"  And they will....  =^..^=

But I think it will be fun, and Denise over at Pieced Brain assured me that I only need to do a SMALL project ....


....... and I have some pretty wools ....


... and lots of lovely perle cotton threads from Anna Marie Horner's visit to our guild a few years ago (never touched!)...


...... a little experience working with wools - as in very little!  My first (and only) wool project was this sweet little applique wall quilt for my granddaughter Emma...


I even have a few ideas percolating in the old brain... so come and join us for the Blog Hop!  It should be very colorful and creative and lots of fun seeing what everyone creates!


So what's on my Design Wall today to be shared over at Patchwork Times?
            Genevieve's Banner quilt....

See more pictures HERE

Her name and a heart will be written out on the lines in the dark cranberry yarn, and I'm having to really put my thinking cap on to make sure I do that right.  I'll share more about my processes as I go along.

Have a glorious week, my friends!!!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

12 comments:

  1. I have a local quilting friend who is trying to get me started with wool... maybe in 2014! The banner quilt is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors of your wool. Most wool projects are so dark and primitive but your colors are much prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be watching for this blog hop because I love using wool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to start collecting wool, I think -- it's so pretty! I can't wait to see what you come up with! I ordered a wool kit from The Raspberry Rabbits -- it's sweet, sweet, sweet! Your banner quilt is coming along swimmingly!! Can't wait to see how you do the name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl when do you sleep??? I will be watching and waiting to see what creative project you come up with for the Wool hop. You banner quilt is so sweet and the embroidery will make it even prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very cute little wool project. Now I want to dig into my wool stash and make a fall project I have been planning.
    Genevieve's quilt is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to be really busy, aren't you? Fun projects though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That banner quilt is going to be spot on contemporary and beautiful! What else are you into? Quilting, embroidery, knitting, and now wool! What will you surprise us with next?????? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the lambs but I'm not starting a new collection for my stash. I need to make a Lamb quilt someday, my name goes with it you know...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love wool...can't wait to see what you make. Blessings, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute wool wall hanging. Love the little stack of sheep. I like working with wool, but have only done one small project, but I have wool and patterns to do more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...