Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 9-8-14

Not only did I start the Patchwork of the Crosses project this week (see those beautiful blocks HERE), I also took a class on Friday so I could play with these luscious fabrics.....


Eventually, these will become a beautiful new Ruler/Mat Tote!  Here is the designer's picture of hers from the cover page of my pattern....


Isn't this just an AMAZING design?  

A very talented local quilter/designer, Janet Gagneur, designed it, incorporating a dramatic block design from one of Kaffe Fassett's books.  I was a goner as soon as I saw it!  It has pockets on the inside for the most popular sizes of rulers, as well as your favorite tools.  And her quilting is impeccable - truly the icing on the cake!





You'd probably never believe that I already own TWO ruler totes, would you?  Of course not!  Not me!!!!

But, alas, I do
*hanging head in shame*


This one I made to cover my portable June Tailor ironing pad which was looking pretty pitiful.  I was ashamed for anyone to see it anymore!  I made a pocket to fit over it, using one of my fun kitty fabrics for the ironing side ....


.....  and batting for the other so I could use it as an impromptu block design wall at retreats.


Then I used another kitty fabric to cover the batting when it is not in use.  The plus is that I can carry a multitude of rulers and mats in the pocket as well as the ironing pad!  How much is in a multitude, you ask?  LOTS!!!!


The second ruler/mat tote is one I made during a class at our guild retreat maybe 4 or 5 years ago.  It will hold an 18x24 mat and lots of rulers as well.  Lots of fun scrappy fabrics on the front, with a funky rainbow dots stripe binding it.... Oh Yeah!!!!  And pockets on the front for more stuff!



The back is heat resistant ironing board fabric - perfect for retreats & sit-n-sews!


I really love it and use it often.... and I really don't NEED another one ..... but, I mean, who could reasonably expect me to pass up the opportunity to play with those glorious striped shot cottons and batiks?  Really?  No, I didn't think so :*)

So this is what my Design Wall looks like right now....The striped blocks are sewn but not assembled together yet.  And one lone POTC block shines down on the rest of the room like a magnificent star!


Two new projects already this month!!!  I'm already ahead of the game with the NewFO Challenge for September - woohoo!!!!

I won't get a lot of stitching done this week though.  I'm going on a one-day Bus Trip to the AQS in Chattanooga with the Music City Guild this coming Thursday and really looking forward to that, although my pocket book is already screaming in protest!  I'll take my knitting to work on during the ride - the Diagonal Cowl is a simple enough design that I can knit and talk at the same time without worrying about mistakes :)  I'm also very busy making sure I have all my ducks in a row for the class I'll be teaching at Runaway Retreat in two weeks....

elegant
Ducks in a row LOL!!!

Another thing I won't be doing a lot of this week is reading .......


Yep, I dropped my Kindle Paperwhite the other night and the screen apparently shattered underneath the surface!  The screen saver is now frozen in that upper left corner and the horizontal gray line is always there now too.  BUMMER!!!!   Not to fret though, My Guy very sweetly consented to replace it when he saw how devastated I was - however, he made sure to buy the Accidental Coverage warranty this time :*D  I have always said he is one of the smartest people I know!!!

Do you have a Design Wall to share with us?  Or just want to see some amazing works in progress?  Come check out the Linky Party HERE at Judy's Patchwork Times today!  

Wishing you all a lovely week!!!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

18 comments:

  1. I love shot cottons - this is so pretty! and ducks in a row - too funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those striped fabrics! And I'm hanging my head in shame because I don't own a single mat/ruler tote! I definitely need one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be one fantastic project tote. I LOVE those fabrics.

    My Kindle did a similar thing after one of the grands spilled some water on it. However, I couldn't read any words. The insurance is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am infatuated with the shot cottons. I want to use them in something! Love your ruler totes. I think I may need to make one so I can go and do sit and sews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your design wall looks *inspiring*!! Love those stripes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A girl can never have too many bags no matter what kind of bag they are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you can't pass up the new tote--it is so gorgeous...but I have to say that now you will have a tough choice to make as to which of your many ruler/mat totes to take with you when you are on the go. I know--just send one to me and then you won't have so many options! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! I absolutely love the tote. The stripe fabrics are awesome. Looks like I need to add more to my collection. I so enjoy your blog. The pictures are always beautiful and the new projects are always great. Where can a person purchase the Pattern for the Tote?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mat bag - it would be great to get a copy of the pattern. Do you know where I can get it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great pattern and you can never have too many pretty bags !

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that design for the ruler tote.....and......Teresa......ummm.....you ARE an ARTIST! You HAVE to HAVE items to carry your essential tools to create with! Hold your head high! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a stunning ruler tote. I love it. I do not have any ruler totes but this pattern is shouting my name and very loudly. My rulers saw how beautiful the design is and it's PURPLE --they said "don't we deserve something beautiful too. Darn, stop tempting me so much with all your beautiful projects. I can't keep up with what UFO's I have now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! Your design wall is just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't have a design wall. I just scatter everything I'm working on all over the house!! But if I did, I'd be so happy if it had as beautiful projects on it as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your existing totes and the one scheduled to be worked on. Did you check with Amazon? I left mine in the car after 6 months (on a below zero night) and they sent me a new one no charge. I just had to give a credit card in case I didn't sent the original bad one back.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Great looking tote you have started. I feel like I need a new one. Mine has a whole in the bottom. Maybe I should plan to make one at retreat next month.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can see why you love that tote!! What a great blend of wonderful fabrics and stitching. I don't think that you can ever have too many quilting tools/toys ;-) Nice totes all around with the great fabrics and the bright colors. I always have to get the accidental coverage as it seems like I'm always dropping things. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much to look at and everything gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...