Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Stash Report – and so much more!!!

I didn't do a Stash Report last week because I was off celebrating our son’s wedding!  Yoohoo!!!!  Congratulations to Todd & Nikki!!!



Plus, I had nothing to report – no additions, no usages – blah, blah, blah!

However, this week I did some MAJOR DAMAGE!!!  Yep, my last post told you I was headed to Paducah for the AQS Show where there were more fabric vendors than you can shake a stick at!  And I want to know how any self-respecting quilter can resist all that gorgeous fabric just laying there in all its glory saying, “Here I am, I can be yours, I can live in your stash, you can pet me every day….”  Well, you know what it says, right? 

And of course, you know that I have absolutely ZERO willpower when it comes to beautiful fabrics LOL!!!

So this is what came home with me….

2-1/2 yards of  this - YUMMMMM!!!!

Batiks!!!  All but the one on the right were 1/2 yard pieces

Orientals!!!  That red is just simply delicious!
This is also a Batik, a lovely soft dove gray with a metallic sparkle in the small flakes.

Fat quarters galore!

And more fat quarters .........

And more.......
I think Gypsy approved of my purchases!  What do you think?  I had just laid these out on the sofa to show Don, we turned around, and there she sat!  And look at that look on her face! LOL  "Don't you dare try to move me.... this is MY fabric!"


I'm really happy with my new fabric acquisitions, but it sure does put a big dent in the funds department, and another big dent in my Stash Report numbers!!!!

And to add insult to injury, I DIDN’T FINISH ANYTHING!  Really!  

All I did this week was travel around the countryside in style with my handsome husband as chauffeur, go to the most amazingly beautiful wedding where our son married the love of his life, visit with our family (grandbabies!), and come home in time to go to the AQS.  ............. You know, it’s a tough life, but someone’s got to live it, and it might as well be me!  =^..^=

So here’s the final numbers for this week:

Used this week:      0 yards
Used YTD 2012:      52.50 yards
Added this week:   16.5 yards
Added YTD 2012:   84.00 yards
Net Used for 2012: -31.50 yards

OUCH!!!!

Head on over to PatchworkTimes to see how others are doing with their stash management.

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

8 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your post. Beautiful fabrics. Made me envious. I wanted to go to AQS but didn't get to go. Maybe next year. Glad you are doing some 'traveling'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabrics. Lovely couple, you must be so pleased. Glad you made it to Paducah. Enjoy your new additions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your fabric purchase, beautiful couple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking fabric purchases!! I'm sorry we didn't see each other, but you will be glad to know that I resisted all those fabrics on Wed, and Thursday so they would still be there for you on Friday!! Aren't I a good fabric friend??!! I did, however, come home with some goodies, but was very, very good not to break the bank. I still have another opportunity in May at MQS -- so I had to TRY to be good!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh!!! I want to come and play with your new fabric. Can I pet it??? I don't think I would have been able to resist either. You have some beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, those fabrics are just gorgeous. You did the right thing bringing them home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely couple :D
    Yummy new fabrics. Looks you had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. But the Kitty Kat is the most beautiful of all. Gyps, you make these fabrics POP! Sorry Terrie! I had to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...