Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

What’s on Your Bed?

Bonnie Hunter set up a little impromptu Linky party today, asking in her post – “What’s on your bed?”


This Twisted Bargello quilt was the first quilt I made when I got into quilting in 2006.  (Or should I say, when I “dove” into quilting?  I’m not sure I’ve come up for air yet – LOL!!!)  Prior to this, my entire experience with quilting had been starting a hand-pieced grandmother's flower garden during a class in the early 80's that was still half-pieced and abandoned in a box on the top shelf of my closet!

When we moved to Tennessee, I was able to not work for the first time since my children were little and I was looking for something to do that would be fun and creative.  Then I learned about a small quilting group in a local quilt shop, and since I had been sewing since I was a little girl, I was very interested in seeing what they were up to.  The first day I walked into that shop, these wonderful ladies welcomed me in like a long-lost friend and I have been having a ball with them ever since!!!  

Now as for this Twisted Bargello on my bed, no one told me I shouldn’t start with a Bargello, so as soon as I saw one of these beauties, I loved it and immediately signed up for the class to make it.  It took me several months to complete the quilt top, but then it sat for about a year because I really wanted to quilt it myself and I took classes here and there while I jumped into several other quilt projects at the same time.  Ever been there done that?  Come on, you can admit it here!  We’re all friends here, right?  Hehehe!

After a while, my husband and I decided if we ever wanted to enjoy having it on our bed, we’d better cough up the bucks and get it professionally done because it was taking me a while to feel competent enough to quilt something like this special quilt on my home sewing machine! :*D

This quilt is a favorite of my husband’s, so it has remained on the bed ever since.  I’ve started new ones for it, but somehow they never seem to be able to live up to the Bargello in his eyes!

So what’s on YOUR bed?  Go to Quiltville to see all the lovely quilts on your fellow quilters’ beds!

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2012/04/whats-on-your-bed.html

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

21 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm suitably impressed -- you did a brilliant job piecing this beauty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree with husband! WOW. That's fabulous! how cool that he likes it that much. Way to DIVE in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love it! It is still on my "too do list"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to dive, Teresa! Amazing first quilt. It would be hard to get that off my bed if I had made it. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh....that is simply gorgeous. I would have to leave it on all the time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt!! Nothing quite like the challenge of doing what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh MY, that is absolutely STUNNING! I want one just like it! Do you think it's too late for me to start one and finish it in my lifetime!! Am going to look for the pattern today at work! The dramatic graphic is wonderful and I love your colors too. I think my Dh would also like it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! What a gorgeous quilt!! Just love it !!! Thanks for sharing!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is on my to-do list too. Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely beautiful quilt. Glad that you didn't ask anyone what you should start with. It is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!!! That's your first quilt???? Now aren't you glad no one told you you shouldn't start with a bargello? That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a beautiful quilt, I can understand why your husband loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That quilt has some moooooooovement! I love it! I'm amazed that you accomplished that right off the bat. I'm glad you were smitten by quilting and not scared away! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is beautiful. I love that you "dove" into quilting, haha. And I say why not! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous quilt. It's another one on my bucket list. Think I even bought the pattern once upon a time. Wonder where it is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh....that was your first quilt....I had to pick myself up off the floor when I read that. One fantastic amazing quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful quilt. I can see why Hubby loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilt is beautiful--very impressive for a first quilt. Don't think I even want to talk about mine, let alone show it to the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous quilt ... you call this diving in??? What a way to go! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never seen your TB and it's gorgeous!!! I will prob never finish mine but oh well... ;o/ Yours is just beautiful Teresa!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...