Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Stash Report – Week #16

Good morning!  Is it as beautiful in your neck of the woods as it is in mine?  I’m just LOVING this beautiful sunshine and warm weather!!! 

My cat, Gypsy, is loving it too, but she’s not very happy with us right now because we won’t let her outside to enjoy it.  Why?  Because she’s been a very naughty girl!


Last night we were outside after dark on our little side porch, just enjoying the peace of the evening, when Don & I heard a little “squeak!”  We looked at each other and our expressions were identical – “Oh no!  Gypsy’s grabbed some poor creature!”  We were especially concerned because the noise was coming from the area of the yard where Don had seen a little bunny rabbit earlier in the day when he was mowing the grass. 

Next thing we knew, here came Gypsy with something in her mouth heading straight for the door to try to take it inside!!!  Oh no, you don’t there girlfriend!!!  I slammed the door shut (we often keep it slightly open so she can go in and out in the evenings), and Don grabbed her and made her drop her prey. 

We turned on the light, and just as we suspected, it was a little rabbit!!!  Not a tiny baby, but maybe half grown and just the cutest thing!  Aaaawwwwww!!!  

It was still for a few moments and then tried to get to its feet but couldn’t.  I’m sure it was still pretty stunned!  We didn’t think she’d had it long enough to do drastic damage, so Don kept helping it get up, and then he picked it up behind the ears and took it over to the cypress trees out of harm’s way.  He said when he put it down, it hopped off like lightning!!!  Oh, I was so relieved!


So now we have to watch the old Gypster like a hawk - she's been an enthusiastic hunter since she was a baby (she's now 16).  I know this is her nature, and I don't begrudge her that.  But not in my backyard!!!  And not baby rabbits!  Since it appears there may be a hole or a nest, or whatever it is that rabbits do to have their babies, over under those trees, we're not letting her out of our sight.

So on to more mundane matters :*)  After all that drama, I can feel the let-down – can you?  =^..^=

The Stash Report continues on its lackadaisical trend into red territory…. add a little fabric and do little in the way of finishes!  I did finish two blocks, but I can’t count those fabrics until the quilts are complete.

As for my additions – I purchased 3 yards of these fabrics.




Just couldn’t resist these scrumptious spring-looking batik beauties!  I brought home 1 yard of the lime green – yum! – and 2 yards of the multi-color since I thought I might use it for a border on a spring quilt at some point.

Used this week:      0 yards
Used YTD 2012:      52.50 yards
Added this week:   3 yards
Added YTD 2012:   67.50 yards
Net Used for 2012: -15.00 yards

I have to say, no regrets on purchasing these!  And I’ve got a very busy week coming up, so I’m not sure how much I might manage to get done this week.  Plus traveling, which often means fabric acquisition…. Oh my! *sigh*…….

Head on over to PatchworkTimes to see how others are doing with their stashes.

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

7 comments:

  1. Well, those are gorgeous fabrics I would have purchased them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are a great enhancement to your stash. I am glad I didn't see them b/c I would have bought 4 of the green and 4 of the multi. Whew!You have will power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful additions! So glad you don't feel bad about buying them! You should enjoy them!

    So glad baby bunny is okay. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have baby bunnies in our yard too, but no cat. I like your purchases! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa, I like your fabric purchases. You did much better than I, because I bought 3 times that much - 9 yards. Of course, they were for someone else and not because I fell in love with them, like you. I hope to post pictures of mine tomorrow, since my design wall is still not different. Got to get these #!!%## taxes done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. no regrets--stashes are to enjoy! Glad its warm at your house because its a bit cold here. Weather report said "possible thundersnows".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you have no regrets over those purchases, because they are absolute beauties!!
    Poor little bunny--but you can't blame a cat for being a cat, can you? Good luck with the monitoring job! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...