Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 1/21/2013

I've had a very productive week in the sewing studio!


This is the 3rd block in the Curve It Up QAL, hosted by Jenny and Helen over at Sew Kind of Wonderful.  There have actually been 6 blocks released, so needless to say I'm playing catch up ;*D  These curved blocks are so much fun!  Here are the first 3 blocks all together on my design wall.  For some reason the picture is really fuzzy, but you get the idea.


I'm using a lively set of fabrics called Good Fortune designed by Kate Spain, and there's a lot of variety and color in them.  I also got the next 3 blocks cut out and ready to sew up.  These are the fabrics I've chosen for each one.


While I was playing with these fabrics, and also putting away the fabrics I bought on my shopping spree road trip to Franklin, I went ahead and cut off the selvedges.  One of our Guild ladies makes the most amazing boxes using selvedges and she is going to teach a class on it in a few months time.  She advised us to begin gathering our selvedges so we'll have enough to have a nice variety.  I think I'm off to a pretty good start.  I'm not sure I ever really realized how cute even the selvedges can be.  Here are a few of my favorites .... =^..^=


And look at this Good Fortune selvedge.... I am in love with the little different colored fans here instead of the usual circles!!!  What a really nice, special touch!


Of course, I am still working steadily on Easy Street and making good progress, one block at a time.  This is my little "assembly station" LOL!!!


I even finished up one block using the pieces as leader/ender pieces while playing with my pink scraps yesterday!  My goal is to have this quilt pieced and ready for quilting by the end of January.

Of course, I am still working very diligently on my Dare to Dresden project.  I hope you'll be sure to come back on the 29th to see my project!!!  I'm pretty sure it's going to be worth the wait =^..^=

What's on your design wall?  It's always fun to check out the projects linked up with Judy over at Patchwork Times!  I'm also linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

24 comments:

  1. Your curved blocks are amazing! I'm too chicken to try curved piecing...I'm afraid my results would just be too wonky. Nice to see that someone else is still slowly making their way down Easy Street :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the curved blocks. I actually enjoyed sewing curves when I learned the drunkards path--I just haven't done them since.
    Once you start noticing selvedges it is amazing what you find. Love those fans. And what about those little flowers at the bottom of the pile in the photo of stacked selvedges? So cute.
    Oh, Easy Street looks wonderful and it will be finished before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing all your curved projects...and the selvedges are really cute, and Easy Street is coming along really well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look beautiful! Love those fabrics...looking forward to your other blocks...oh and block 7 go's up tomorrow ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks Teresa and I can't wait to see what you make with the selvages...I'm saving them too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the curved blocks! I am looking forward to seeing what happens with the selvages. How wide did you cut them? One inch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your good fortune fabrics--really bold fabrics with great color schemes. The curved blocks look great--always good to do a curve every now and then to keep your skill sets in check!!! I am thinking I should have done easy street now that I have seen your blocks. You have been busy. I woke up to 4 degrees here in Nebraska, so I am staying in and sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...unusual blocks and popping fabric. Wonderful combination Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Curves! My hat's off to you. I try to do as little with curves as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your curved blocks! I think that will be my new skill learned for next year. I'll have to check out your sew along and save it off.
    Easy street is coming along nicely- very pretty so far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blocks! Especially the curves. Looks difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your curved blocks are amazing and I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some wonderful projects going there. I have to say that I am loving the curved blocks and your fabrics are perfect. I think that you have some great selvedges there too. I have to get that curved ruler, I really do. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful projects! I especially love the purple & green fabrics together in your 1st curved block. I've always loved the more subdued purple & green shades today but Easy Street has helped me love the brights together too! You are busy busy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been avoiding curved piecing as too advanced. Your blocks are impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wandered in via Freemotion by the River. I love your Quick Curve Quiltalong blocks. I actually have some of the same fabrics in the pile for my blocks. I am trailing far behind on these blocks and working on my dresden project, too. You are sew organized ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have been busy!!! That purple block is just too gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the curved block at the top- it's so different and original :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! Those are a lot of curves! Your execution is spot on! Congrats! Can't wait to see the Dresden!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful curved blocks and I love the bright colors that you're working with.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Teresa!

    Lovely work using Jenny's Curve It Up QAL blocks. Wow, I love how you've arranged the colors and patterns ... lots of nice movement! And, yes, the selvedge ... Moda Fabrics is a detail maven ... and it appears that you are too! :)

    I look forward to seeing what becomes of Easy (oh that it were easy!) Street.

    Shine on!

    kate

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh ... another fun curved block (I'm working backwards, can you tell?). And what beautiful, beautiful fabrics!!! YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your green is really shining.
    Greetings, Grit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...