Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Design Wall Monday – Week #8

The current focus on my Design Wall is the Scrappy Bearpaws quilt that I am trying to finish up for my February UFO Challenge.  You may have seen some of the blocks on the wall from last week’s report.  Well, here they are all put together!


Don't they just sparkle?!?  I worked on this pretty much non-stop during my retreat this past week at St. Mary’s Sewanee and I managed to complete the center of the quilt.  I still need three borders – a scrappy neutral 2” inner border, a scrappy red/neutral 1-1/2” sawtooth middle border, and a neutral 4” outer border.  

But let me tell you what I am so excited about…. At the same time that I was sewing together the quilt center, I was also sewing together the sawtooth HST’s as leaders/enders! 

So instead of having to tackle 224 HST’s today, I only have 50 more to do!  Yippee Skippee!!! Thanks Bonnie at Quiltville for teaching us how to do leaders/enders!!!  I am seeing daylight on this project my friends! =^..^=

Also on my Design Wall is this really wonderful block that I found on Melissa’s Happy Quilting blog.  It is a tutorial by Pat of Color Me Quilty which she shared on Melissa's blog.


Isn’t this a striking block?  I saw it as I was sipping my first cup of tea and getting ready to go on retreat last Thursday.  When I saw that it just took three 2-1/2” strips, I hurriedly ran upstairs and pulled three strips from my 2-1/2” strip bin and stuffed them into my bags to take with me to retreat.  First thing, I quickly – and easily thanks to Pam’s great instructions! – made the block and put it up on my design wall.  Boy-o-Boy, did it ever get immediate attention!!!!  Everyone came over to drool over it and get the link so they could go and make some of their own.  Click HERE for the link if you like it as much as I did!  (and everyone else at my retreat :*})

So now share what’s on your Design Wall at Patchwork Times.

I’m also linking up today with LynCC at What A Hoot for her BOM’s Away Monday link-up. 

Here is my progress on Block #2 of the Promises and Borders stitchery.

This is so relaxing – I am very glad I decided to join along on this one!  I wish I could get a better picture – the colors are all muddy looking.  The lavendar flowers are a variegated blue/purple, and they're just lovely!  I’ll try to get one in the sunshine for my next report.

The Scrappy Bearpaws was also a BOM back when I started it.  I had the first 12 blocks done but decided to make it bigger, put it away, and a couple years later it is now in my UFO crosshairs!!!

Don’t forget to go check out the other BOM’s Away posts HERE!


I'm also linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict for a big Whoop Whoop!

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday and a wonderful Week!!!!

Hugs & Blessings,
Teresa
=^..^=

23 comments:

  1. the bearpaw is one of my favorite blocks...I LUV the YOURs...the scrappy look is great!

    hugZ,
    annie
    anniesrubyslipperz.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work on everything, Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Gothic Windows block and thrilled that you found the instructions easy to follow! Thanks Teresa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those bear paws definitely have sparkle! They also good!! And thanks for the link for the block, yours looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bear paw blocks. Very scrappy-happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your polka dot black and green block. That quilt will be striking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful set of projects to have going. The PRomises and Borders BOM is a really sweet one. Yours looks great so far! And, yep, I love the polka-dot block too - gotta go follow that link now. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bear paws quilt is amazing. I wonder how you got it all sewn so quickly. I love your dotted green and black block. I'm a dot fan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bear paw quilt looks wonderful!
    That is a very interesting little block made from three strips. Seems kind of "Cathedral Window"-ish.
    Your little stitchery blocks are so sweet. That will be a nice project when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a fantastic Bear Paw!! This really deserves a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does sparkle. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished top.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They do indeed sparkle, well done. Keep going, the end is in sight--and I'm eager to see the finished top/quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sparkles! I love this quilt; I bet the photo doesn't even do it justice. Bear paw is on my quilting bucket list. What a great pattern. I can't wait to see how you finish it up

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bear paw quilt. You are a fast sewer. Thanks for the link to the Gtotic window block. I will HAVE to try that when I get a bit more time. Love following your progress each week. Wish I could as productive as you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice block! I'll check the link out too. Loving the scrappy bear claw!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your Bear Paw quilt and other projects! How much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The bear paw looks very sparkly! One of my favorite designs. I like the embroidery, too. As soon as I finish Birdie Stitches from last year, I'm going to start this one myself. Also from TN, but further east. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your scrappy bear paws, such a beautiful quilt! And the other projects are just as lovely! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great projects going on - love the Scrappy Bear Paw quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the color choices in the bear paw quilt. I'll have to check out the black and green block. Looks really nice. I'm using block one (adjusted for my project, yes, with her permission) for a mini wedding quilt for my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Bear Paw quilt is simply delightful. Nothing happier than a scrappy quilt. :-)

    And you're right that block is very intriguing. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, that Bear Paw quilt is wonderful!! And your black and green block is too cool!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...