Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Stash Report – Week #8

Oh. My. Gosh!!!!  Can I just say “Ditto” to Judy’s report, except with a lot more fabric purchased? 


I just returned from ANOTHER retreat – this one to St.Mary’s Retreat in Sewanee, TN.  On the way, we stopped at 3 quilt shops.  Take a look at what I purchased ….



WOW!!!  This beautiful bounty adds up to 36 yards purchased!!!!!  But at a fraction of the cost of today's fabric prices.  The majority of this was $3-5 a yard.  There were only a few batiks that ran about $9/yd.  When I see fabric at that price, I buy it!  We got unbelievable deals everywhere we went.  And a special BIG SHOUT OUT to Jim Warf, owner of Decherd Needleworks, for bringing the quilt shop to us last night! =^..^=  

I’ll tell you more about Retreat and post some wonderful pictures as soon as I get settled back in here at home – hopefully tomorrow.  Web connection there was pretty spotty, and I really missed all my blog friends!!!!

I sewed like a mad woman at retreat, but alas no finishes this week, so my stash report is extremely lopsided for this week.  :*0  Never fear though, I'll catch up soon!

Used this week:      0 yards  (how pitiful is that I ask you?)
Used YTD 2012:      22.50 yards
Added this week:   36 yards
Added YTD 2012:   57.00 yards
Net Used for 2012: -34.50 yards (I’d better get busy!!!!)

How is your stash coming along?  Head on over to Patchwork Times to see how others are doing with theirs.

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

5 comments:

  1. Oh yummy!!! If you run out of room, I will keep it for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my -- you weren't joking, were you?!?! Our guild just returned from a quilt retreat at St. Mary's, too!!! You all must have been the group that came in after ours. And I *LOVE* shopping at Decherd's Needleworks! Jim has a great selection and even better prices!! Have you ever been in his shop? Have a GREAT week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bought a wonderful selection of fabrics, not many would have been able to resist them at such great prices. Glad your retreat was a success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that looks like my kind of retreat/shopping trip! What great buys and it is fun to see what you got!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't do the stash report thingy. I am truly not trying to reduce my stash. Just buy what I love and/or need for a project and enjoy it! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...