Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Stash Report – Week #7

Back in the black!!!  I had two finishes this week which brought my numbers back up into positive usage – yay!!!!


First, I finished up my Quilts in Progress wall quilt which was my NewFO for January.  I just LOVE it!!!!  It is so colorful and happy.  I can’t help but smile every time I see it.  Now I have to decide whether I am going to hang it over the doorway into my sewing room as originally planned or on the wall over my window.  I’ll be sure to post a picture when it finally settles into its new home.  I used about 3.25 yards fabric in this little gem.  






Also finished this week is Anita’s quilt.  The members of our Guild contributed floral snowball blocks for this lovely Floral Garden quilt to be given to the church secretary where we meet each month.  Anita lost her husband last year and we wanted to give her a quilt to show our sympathy and appreciation for all she does for us. 


I assembled the quilt and handed it off to others for quilting and binding.  Many willing hands contributed to this quilt, and many others contributed fabrics.  Special thanks go out to Ruth, Teresa C, Pat S, Joanne and Susie!  I only used about .5 yard of fabrics from my own stash.

This brings my stash totals to:

Used this week:      3.75 yards
Used YTD 2012:      22.50 yards
Added this week:   0 yards
Added YTD 2012:   21.00 yards
Net Used for 2012: 1.50 yards

How is your stash coming along?  Growing (fun!) or getting busted (more room for shopping!)?  Go over to Patchwork Times to see how others are doing with theirs.

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

6 comments:

  1. How did you do the applique on the first quilt? fusible and raw edge? needle turn? They are both beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "Quilts in Progress" wallhanging!! It is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa, I really LOVE your Quilts in Progress quilt. Is that your original design? I would love to make something similar to put in my sewing room. You did a fantastic job on it. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful floral quilt. I'm sure she will appreciate it. Your Quilts In Progress quilt is pretty cool. It will be a nice addition to your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Floral Garden piece is quite lovely! I'm sure it will be much appreciated by its recipient. What a nice thing for y'all to do! Way to stay in the black on your stash numbers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and appropriate wall hanging! I think I would want it in my sewing room so I could enjoy it as I played.
    What a lovely gift that floral quilt is. Very nice of your group to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...