Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

What a Lovely Day!

“This is the day that the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it!”  
Psalm 118:24

Beautiful, warm, sunshiny days like today make that psalm very easy to sing!  It sang in my heart all afternoon as I went out to enjoy this unusual gift in usually bitter February.  I rejoiced and was very glad indeed!  


Ah, days like today make us yearn so for Spring!!!!  I understand that the groundhog did not cooperate with my wish for an early spring though – drats!!! 


I took a picture of all the tender shoots already coming up in the flower beds - it's too soon!!!  I hope they are not destroyed by late frosts.  I want them to bloom out into beautiful Tiger Lilies like the ones above that grew in our flower beds last year!


The poor pansies have taken quite a beating from Old Mister Winter!!!

Even Gypsy ventured out for a little look-see and a general inspection of her domain.



Yes, that bush still smells the same.....still right where it's supposed to be.....


Hmm, mole activity I see.......


Gonna have to do something about that for sure!!!



Okay, I think I've got it covered for now!

While the Inspector General made her rounds, I sat down on the patio with my Promises and Borders block to try to get that project caught up.   Jenny released Block #2 today, so I've got to get busy and finish Block #1.  As you can see, I have quite a way to go yet!  I think this is going to be a lovely quilt!  I’m really enjoying the slow pace of embroidery and brushing up on my skills.


After all her walking and inspecting, poor Gypsy was quite tired out and had to rest her tired old bones.  Don’t you just wish we humans could curl up like a cat and get that comfortable?


Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...