Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bloggers Quilt Festival

I just love the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side!!!


Of course I have to join in on all the fun, right?  Here is my entry for Scrappy Bed Quilt .....


This is my Scrappy Bear Paws quilt, which my followers have seen many times before :*)  In fact, I just recently blogged about finishing it up with the quilting and binding.  But here are photos for new viewers....




The bear paw blocks were part of a Block of the Month program at one of our local quilt shops.  You paid $3 for the first block & pattern, then if you brought your completed block back each month, you got the fabric for the next block free.  I loved the scrappy look and had such a fun time making them each month, so I decided to make more for a bigger bed-sized quilt.  I ended up making 36 blocks total  for a good-sized queen quilt and added an extra-wide border with the little bear paw for corner stones as an added special touch :*)

I made the reds/neutrals half-square triangles for the sawtooth border as leaders and enders Bonnie Hunter-style, so that by the time I was ready to do the borders I only had to make about 50 hst's - the rest were already done!

.........  I also made a set of quilted shams to go with the quilt .....



Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures : 90″x 96″
Pieced & Quilted by :  Teresa Raleigh
Best Category : Favorite Bed Quilt, Favorite Scrap Quilt


If you like my Scrappy Bear Paws quilt, you can vote for it HERE =^..^=

Hugs & Blessings,
Teresa
=^..^=

19 comments:

  1. I just love this quilt! Scrappy bear claws - saving my plaids (thrift shirts) for one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love scrap quilts and this one is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bear Paws! Great use of scraps!

    And I love the quilting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is still beautiful no matter how often you share it! : )
    I love the Bear Paw--it is on my "someday" list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the scrappy quilts yours is great!! ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bear paw is such a great pattern! There is a lot of work in this quilt! You should be very proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really stunning on your bed! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great scrappy quilt. Beautiful on the bed with the red shams. Striking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realize it was that time again. I don't think I have anything to enter that is worthy.

    Yours, on the other hand is wonderful. I will go over and vote right now! Hope you win in your category.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much work! Wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love scrappy quilts and your bright colors are perfect for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt, I love scrappy. Please tell me how to see the other quilts. I subscribe to Amy's blog, but can't seem to find them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this quilt. I'll be voting for it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just Love your Scrappy bears!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a sucker for Bear Paw quilts, and I adore scrap quilts so you can guess that I love this quilt-and you would be right!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful scrappy quilt. I love scrappy quilts so much.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...