Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Visit from Quilting Royalty =^..^=

Bonnie Hunter has been visiting our Music City Quilt Guild this week ...
and what a fun visit it has been!!!


These geese greeted Bonnie and gave her a good-ole Tennessee welcome when we went to dinner Tuesday night.  The food was great, but the company was better :*D


Bonnie gave a lecture on Tuesday morning and then taught a half-day class that afternoon.  I didn't sign up for that class because she was teaching Pineapple Blossoms which I had taken from her several years ago.

But I did sign up for today's class - Jared Takes a Wife.  Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the class and the easy-going, point-by-point way Bonnie led us through the different parts of the block.



Here is Bonnie posing in front of her quilt at the end of the day after many of us had pinned our blocks on top of some of her blocks on her quilt - LOL!!!  All of the top & bottom rows are Bonnie's blocks ....


I bet you can pick out my block..... it's the small, bright one with lime green points, top right.  
Bonnie said, "It so cute and little and bright ... just like Teresa!"

Here's a closeup of the two blocks I completed in class....


My blocks are half the size of Bonnie's original quilt blocks - 6 inches finished instead of 12.  My goal is to make a small wall quilt for this project, and since I wanted a lot of color and interest going on, just doing 4 or 6 big blocks just didn't work.  I needed a lot of blocks to get the variety and color I wanted going on in it!  So I graphed the block to half size - these colored squares finish at 3/4" and they are cute as a button!  I think maybe 16 blocks will be enough to get the size I would like.

At the end of the day, I asked Bonnie for a hug and a picture with her....
          .........in case you were wondering, I'm the little short one on the left
=^..^=


I'm not in the Smith Mountain Morning class tomorrow either, but that's okay.  It has been such an amazing week!  But I have to say, I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning :*D

Besides, I think Gypsy has been missing her morning sleeping buddy, what do you think?


Thanks to everyone who told Bonnie to tell me Hello!  
It was really fun to hear from you that way!!!

UPDATE:  Click HERE to read Bonnie's post about this fun day!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict for a huge Whoop! Whoop!  
I think sewing with Bonnie deserves one, don't you? 


Patchwork Times

Fresh Poppy Design

33 comments:

  1. Yea! I told her to tell you Hi! Glad you had fun. You already knew that she's a sweetie! Cute little blocks you made. You do like bright colors (look who's talking, have you seen some of my stuff?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, fun, fun, Teresa! Love the photos of you and "Quilting Royalty", and your blocks are wonderful!! Love that black with bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your blocks are gorgeous in the smaller, brighter colors. Looks like you and the quilters had a marvelous time with Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa, you mean there was someone else besides me that told Bonnie to tell you HI. How fun!! I know you are just such a popular little gal.:)
    It looks like you had so much from with Bonnie. Love the picture of you two together. Your "tiny" blocks are amazing! I have to wait until 2015 before getting to see Bonnie in person. Thanks for sharing the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blocks are beautiful. I would have said you are the cute one on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mini-blocks are going to be spectacular in a little wall quilt. You've certainly had a fun spring break these past couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun for you - and you are on Bonnie's bog too! Whoot - a celeb!! Love your mini version.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your pictures of the "quilting royalty"! Love your blocks they are so bright and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of smiles in those photos. I know you had a fun time. Love your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - what fun that must have been! Did you see that Bonnie featured you and your mini block on her blog this morning?

    I love your little blocks - so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That must have been fun! How cool to get your picture taken with her, too ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun day. Love your color combination for the block.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Little blocks are a favorite of mine right now. I love your Amish looking blocks. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    Barbara in MD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty little blocks and what a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your color scheme! I would have never thought of the black - but WOW that is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I like your blocks a whole lot better than the larger ones! Love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on having such a fun time with Bonnie! Your blocks are adorable! Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on having such a fun time with Bonnie! Your blocks are adorable! Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks like you had so much fun with Bonnie! Your Amish mini blocks are going to be super duper awesome! Thanks for sharing your pics with us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO SO SO fun! I am green with envy!
    I love your little blocks...I think we are two peas in a pod loving these little treasures like we do!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You lucky dog getting to a Bonnie Hunter class. You look like you had fun. I love your blocks you did for the class. Your a rebel making then smaller and with the black but it will be so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How absolutely awesome. Love your bright blocks too. You're a women after my own heart with those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great experience and looks like you girls had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So fun to see Bonnie turn up on the blogs I read. She is one of a kind, seriously have never met anyone like her! I saw your pic on her blog but didn't even realize it was a blog I read til I saw your post today--since I can't read my blogs in google reader I am behind!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh man how fun was that!!! Love your version of the blocks, they really shine. I had fun just reading about it and I wasn't even there :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looking at your pictures made me tired. That's because I began remembering how much energy Bonnie has and how it tired me out when I took a class from her about 4 years ago. She still makes learning fun, doesn't she? Love your little blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like such a fun class. Lucky you! Your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  29. she looks like a fun teacher! Your blocks turned out really cute, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I bet you had so much fun with Bonnie and of course your block......looks like YOUR block! Love it and what a cute photo! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  31. It was fun to see a blog of one of Bonnie's classes from the viewpoint of someone other than Bonnie herself! Thanks for putting a link here from your New FO Challenge post. I love the picture at the top with the geese greeting Bonnie. I hope you sent that picture to her as it's a good one! Oh dear, I've got to get to bed. I've added my name to your Followers. Can't wait to see the next class of Bonnie's that you take. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...