Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Bring on the Greens!!!

I really enjoyed playing in the GREEN scraps today!

Here are my GREEN Lone Starburst sections....


My biggest problem was making myself use the dark greens - I am so in love with lime green right now, it's all I want to use LOL!!!

Did you notice this one?


       ........ I didn't notice until I was taking the pictures that the "dot" fabric had the word "DOT" in the gray word fabric - too cool!!!

I had to do quite a lot of scrap taming to get these to the point where I could use them.  I started with this....


And after a few hours of ironing and separating into value/size stacks, I finally had this lovely working basket full of GREENS  :*)


I'm a little bummed that I haven't used any of my crumb scraps so far this year.  Last year, my Rainbow Pineapples came exclusively from crumbs, so they got thinned out a good bit.  However, they've begun growing again.....


Looks like I'm going to have to add a block to the mix that uses up these sweet little crumbs :*D

Have you been playing in the GREENS?  
Share your work with us at SoScrappy!

http://superscrappy.blogspot.com

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

26 comments:

  1. I love that block pattern, Teresa, and those greens are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this block and it is going to be so fun to mix all your sections up into a quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a gorgeous star, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's really quite fun, and the pattern work with the greens... spectacular! nice piecework too!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous block! I have a hard time using dark green too, because they're mostly in my Christmas pile...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous! I've said it before but I'll say it again - I can't wait to see the insisted quilt. I just know it will be breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! This block is on my must do list. I prefer lime green too ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunner, Teresa!
    Dotted fabric and the word "dot" just happens to be in the mix? I hear the Twilight Zone theme--is it just me? : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is going to be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your greens are so beautiful in this block! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great green block and perfect piecing to boot. Your crumbs look awfully big to me. I can't wait to see your whole top come together. That block is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that star pattern so much. And your green one is so beautiful, I can understand the lime thing :-)
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovin your green block. I need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so much fun to peek into someone else's scrap jar and find your own scraps. I have the swirly lime green one and the clamshell print as well. Lovely block, glad you used a wide range of greens. It really does add such variety to the finished block.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much fun seeing the variety of green fabrics in your stash! And the latest star block is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your green lone starburst looks great! I love that block!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this star block! Some crumb blocks will work :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another fabulous block! Love your green collection, and I am also in love with the lime green!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just had lunch, and now, I am salivating over those green scraps! LET ME AT'EM! LET ME AT'EM! LOL Lovin' your rainbow of Lone Starburst blocks. They are going to be so amazing put together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I entered a challenge with one of my guilds. We have to use the 'solid' fabric that was in the bag, to make a solid colored quilt for our show, next Spring. Luckily, the color in my bag was a red (my favorite color). Since I have to only use solids (something I don't own any of), I decided that I'd use this pattern (thanks for sending it to me) for my quilt. Now to get started on it. Maybe this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How adorable!!! You never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your scraps are now so neat and organized! I know I've said it before but I really love your Lone Starburst blocks! The greens are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...