Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Racing to the Finish Line!

I'm going to be visiting my grandchildren in North Carolina next week, and I'm so excited to be taking the littlest grandson his new "play" quilt!

Hudson's Heroes is a finish!!!

The quilt is lying in the grass, but no sun so it looks like a black background - go figure!
For the quilting on this one, I broke out these wonderful Auril colored threads set that I won from Madame Samm during her Books About Women blog hop...


The darker red was just the right color for working inside the vehicles, while the lighter, more orangey red was perfect for outlining the vehicles in the outer border...


Look at all these gorgeous colors!!!!



I also used the yellow to outline the vehicles, after doing a little red SID inside for stability....


Don't look too close at the stitching - I didn't plan this one to be perfect LOL!!!


I used that really fun red/yellow/lime dot for the binding, which turned out really cute I think!



Stitched down by machine of course - much sturdier for a child (and quicker for me!)

Of course, one of my favorite parts of this quilt is the backing - the Happy Town panel that gives him a place to play with his own little cars!


I hope Hudson loves his little quilt as much as I do!

Linking this finish up with Patchwork Times =^..^=

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

19 comments:

  1. A fabulous child's quilt!
    My goodness I love that thread box!!!!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love all those fire engines. My DH is a retired Fire Fighter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO very cute. I am sure he will love it. What a great little boy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has to be the cutest little boy quilt I have seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're going to be Hudson's Hero with this quilt! Fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great quilt - he is sure to love it. If you find a Match fire truck model, he can drive it along that striped inner border. Bet he'd like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a beautiful quilt. he will adore it. How could he not look at all those bright colors and firetrucks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a charming little quilt, Teresa. You have created a real gem there!
    Great job on the quilting. Have fun with the grands!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Theresa! I just love it!! I need to make Aiden one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That turned out fantastic! It will be a huge hit, I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job!!! I know he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect quilt for a little boy! Such a priceless heirloom for him to have in his life! Have a wonderful and safe trip visiting your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is fantastic! I love it! I have 2 boys that are 13 and 14 now, but everything is about boys and I'm drawn to boy stuff.. Awesome job! I know he will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! I can't believe how great it came out- fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Teresa, your grandson will love it and YOU!! You will be his favorite grandma if you arent already.! Your quilting looks great and I love the bright colors in the quilt. Your binding is the icing on the cake - oh I mean quilt. :) Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If Hudson doesn't like it, I'll take it. It's sew cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a precious quilt and oh those threads are perfect for Happy Town! Hudson will love his quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...