Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Finally Back Online!

We were delighted and surprised to be visited by our friendly Charter Communications serviceman yesterday afternoon, and now we are back up and on the information highway once again!  Halleluiah!!!  I got tickled at my husband yesterday morning when he said, "Boy, it sure is boring around here in the morning without the Internet!"  LOL!!!

I have so much to catch up on - all your wonderful posts I've missed!!!  And lots of things to share with you too.  First off  are a few pictures of Hudson and his cousins with his new play quilt, Hudson's Heroes.  I appear to have had a severe case of shaky hands because these are pretty fuzzy in places - sorry!

Opening up the quilt......




I think he likes it!!!!


And Reaghan and Adam got in on the fun too ....



It's so much fun to see a child enjoy the work of our hands, isn't it?  Now, my next labor of love is to make a sweet baby quilt for Miss Genevieve Rose.  Poor little cherub has been suffering from colic :(

Since today is Sunday, I always like to link up with Kathy's Quilts for some Slow Sunday Stitching when possible!  At Divas last Thursday, I managed to get a little bit of stitching done on the last regular block of the Promises & Borders quilt.... have I mentioned lately how GLAD I will be to get this project done?  It is languishing for lack of interest I'm afraid.  I've decided I'm going to have to set up small periods of time each week to work on this until it is done.


And I can't resist sharing a few pictures of some of my favorite people as they stitch too...

Granddaughter Reaghan as she works on her very first stitchery attempt - a counted cross stitch turtle!  She is concentrating very hard.....


And apparently very happy with her results!  Hopefully, this will be the first of many happy stitches for this beautiful girl :*)  It is not often that we get to see her without every shiny blonde hair in place - and she wasn't happy with this picture, but Grandma loves it!


And this is my wonderful friend Debbie, sitting on the balcony of our condo in Gatlinburg last week and lovingly repairing a quilt that was hand stitched by her grandmother many years ago.  What a treasure!!!!


Are you slowly stitching on a treasure of your own?  Please share!!!

Click HERE

Hope you have a delightful Sunday!!!

Hugs & Blessings!
Teresa
=^..^=

10 comments:

  1. What beautiful grandchildren! You are lucky to have one stitching already. I wish I was as lucky as your friend Deb to own a quilt made by a grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have these photos of your grandchild and your friend doing hand stitching...thanks for sharing them! Glad your internet has been fixed :)
    THanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he likes his quilt! Little cutie. I am always working on a 'treasure'

    ReplyDelete
  4. What joy in the look of Hudson when he opens his special quilt. That great big smile makes all the effort so worthwhile! You must really enjoy your grand kids.

    I was curious about your photo under About Me. Is that one of Marge's Mysteries for Relay? I really love the way you used solids and black. Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back! Such adorable young 'uns - I know they make you all kinds of happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look on Hudson's face -- how precious!! I think he likes it, indeed!!!! Glad your internet is back up and running -- whew, that's a tough one to do without, huh?!? Fun pictures of the sweet stitchers in your life!!! It's a good one, isn't it?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to see Hudson's joy! Yes, that has got to feel good!
    Sweet stitching photos of loved ones.
    Good to have you back in cyber space, Teresa. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are back. Thoroughly enjoyed your pictures : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics of the kiddies. It is important to teach our children the value of things made with their own hands. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I do believe that Hudson LOVES his quilt!

    I love that you have a young stitcher in your life.

    I'm glad that your internet is back up ... it's amazing how dependent we've become on it, isn't it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...